12

c y r u s

everyday for the last week tj tried to convince me to stay at his house. i knew he didn't want me going home because he didn't know who was hurting me but he knew it was someone at home. he doesn't know anything about my home life. he doesn't know if i have siblings or not or if i have two parents. but knew he just wanted me safe and it was obvious that i wasn't.

i told him no everyday because i knew that it would only get worse if i didn't come home. my dad would start to get suspicious and freak out and probably end up calling the police. it's happened before. not that i'm saying i had someone who cared about me enough to let me stay at their house. i was sleeping on a bench in the park because i couldn't be in the same vicinity as my dad. 2 hours later the police showed up and that night my dad beat me the worst he ever had.

it was thursday and it had been a little over a week since i spent the night with tj. surprisingly there was nothing awkward between us (it's not like we did anything but it was pretty intimate) and i was thankful.

i haven't slept since that night and it's starting to show. my dad has given me a couple new bruises since and my obviously broken wrist wasn't getting any better. tj tried to convince me to go to the doctor but i refused to because i didn't know how i was going to pay for the cost of getting an x-ray and a cast and just the thought of that gave me anxiety.

i was eating lunch with jonah, buffy, andi, and marty and it had become routine to eat lunch with them. i was happy to have people to eat lunch with and they were actually really great people. but i missed eating with tj in the AV room. i know that if him and kira weren't "dating" that we would probably be in there right now laughing about something stupid. but i know how fragile the situation with kira is and i don't want to break it.

but to my surprise right as i had sat down with everyone, tj came over and plopped himself down right next to me.

i was staring at him with a bewildered look and he was just wearing a goofy grin. a goofy grin that made my heart swell.

"what are you doing here?" andi asked.

"yeah, how did you escape from the monster?" buffy said with disgusted in her voice. buffy didn't like kira at all. that makes two of us.

"well, the monster is sick today so i'm free!" i could tell tj was ecstatic and hearing that and seeing that excitement and relief made me feel the same. i might be the only one of the group that actually knows what's actually going on but it's clear that tj isn't happy with kira.

"thank the lord!" andi said and she raised her apple juice. "i'll cheers to that." we all broke out in laughter until jonah interrupted our laughter.

"wait, why are you glad she's gone? she's your girlfriend." with jonah saying this it only made us laugh harder. it was nice.

i was running and he was everywhere. everywhere i looked i saw his face. his piercing dark eyes trying to get to me and i could feel his weight weighing down my body. i couldn't breathe. i couldn't speak. he was screaming terrible things.
"worthless"
"helpless"
"the reason your mother left was because of you"
they were all true and they were all things my dad had said to me that night. they were ringing my ears. i was trying to yell for him to leave me alone but it was no use. he was everywhere.