09

t j

i just wanted to talk to cyrus and be with him. why was that so hard for kira to understand? i get it, if i act "too gay" around cyrus, kira might get mad but she's my fake girlfriend and she knows i have no feelings for her. sometimes i feel like she thinks she can turn me straight if i hang out her. she really doesn't know shit.

it has been two weeks since my birthday and the only time cyrus and i have talk is during our classes together which isn't often because our seats got moved. we're sophomores, do we really need assigned seats?

kira insisted that i bring her to and from school because that's what couples do. so that's what i did. i don't know why i still put up with her. oh wait now i remembered, she would out me if i broke up with her. she was one the who said that we would date until she got bored. i don't understand how she's not bored yet. i'm not doing anything to or for her.

i had just dropped her off at her house and was heading to tutoring. i haven't seen amber in a while 1) because she's been sick and 2) because i haven't been struggling with math that much lately. but it still is nice to have a little extra help even if i'm starting to get the grip of it.

i arrived at the library and i could see amber at our usual spot. iris was with her and they seemed super giddy and happy. it made me smile. amber was really happy which made me happy.

i walked up to the table even though i didn't want to break up their lively conversation.

"tj! hey!" iris said with a huge smile on her face.

"hey, iris! how are you?" i asked while getting all of my stuff out of my bag.

"i'm doing great! i'm with the girl of my dreams so how could i be anything but." iris said, turning to a blushing amber. they shared a quick moment until iris said her goodbyes leaving us to our tutoring session.

"you guys seem really happy." i told amber and she gave me a huge smile.

"we are. i cant believe i waited so long to tell her how i felt. we could've been together like 2 months ago. but we're together now so that's all that matters." amber excitedly explained.

"that's great, amber. i'm so so happy for you guys." i said and gave her a real, genuine smile. it seems like i haven't given one of those smiles in a while. kira would never receive one of them from me.

we worked on my homework and some problems for a little until amber remembered something she wanted to tell me.

"oh i totally forgot to tell you!" she said setting down her pencil and i did the same. "i ran into your friend, cyrus. the one you're always talking about."

"i'm not always talking about him." i countered but i knew it was a lie. amber was the only person that knew how fond i was of cyrus. but she's the only person i would want to know.

"i beg to differ." she sassily said.

"where did you even run into him?" i asked because seniors and sophomores almost never interact in the hallways or in classes. except for electives.

"well technically he sorted of ran into me or ran into the room i was in." she said and i wondered when that happened.

"when did this happen? and what classroom did he run into?" i was curious.