13

t j

it was his fucking dad. his dad is the one who has been traumatizing him and using him as a human punching bag. how does his dad think that's okay? i may not be super close with my dad but i know how they're supposed to treat you. and this is not it.

when i had pulled into the driveway and saw cyrus, i physically felt my heart shatter. by the looks of it, everything was only getting worse. and he couldn't even speak which scared the shit out of me. i was hoping he would be able to sleep through the night but when i heard him screaming my whole body went cold. i didn't fall asleep because i wanted to make sure he was okay. damn, i was so whipped for this boy.

as of right now, his head is in my lap and we are sitting on the cold bathroom floor. i never realized how fluffy and soft his hair was. his eyes were wide open and i knew there was no way he was going back to sleep.

no matter how hard i tried to not show it, i was exhausted. and after the 3rd yawn in a row, cyrus spoke up.

"teej, go to bed. i can see and hear how tired you are and you have school tomorrow." his voice was small and i could hear the fear and hurt in it.

"i'm not going to leave you in this state." i simply said and looked down and into his eyes. god, i loved his eyes.

"i feel like a burden to you." he whispered and i felt tears brim my eyes.

"cy..." i whispered back and he lifted his head but i could tell how lightheaded he was. he got up and walked back into the bedroom. i followed him.

it was dark and freezing in this room but the bed is pretty damn comfy. my bed was like a rock and i didn't want cyrus sleeping on a rock so i brought him down here but i could tell how cold and drained he was. his clothes were dirty and bloody and he looked like a mess. but a beautifully perfect mess.

"i care about you more than i care about anything else in this world." i said to him, finally breaking the silence. he just looked at me with his bambi eyes and frowned.

"um...i don't mean to bother you but can i have some water." cyrus asked, hesitantly. he really believes that i don't want him here. i nodded and went upstairs and got us both glasses of water. i grabbed some advil for his obvious headache and ran back down stairs.

when i came back into the room, he was sitting on the bed staring straight ahead. i handed him the medicine and water and he thankfully took it. he downed the whole glass in one sip.

"wow." was all i said and i probably sounded like an idiot.

he let out a sigh and i knew there was a lot going through his mind.

"cyrus, i promise that you are not a burden to me." i grabbed his frigid hands and made him look at me.

"prove it. show me that you actually care about me because honestly it seems like you just pi-" before i could let him go on a rant, i crashed my lips onto his. at first he was taken aback and hesitant but than he started to kiss back.

it was like something i've never felt before. the butterflies in my stomach and grown by ten and every part of my body was tingling with electricity. his lips were soft and so was his kiss. i pulled him closer to me because i couldn't get enough. he had gotten off the bed and his body was pressed against mine.