the text

"PAISLEY GET DOWN HERE NOW!"

Uh oh.

In that moment, I knew I was dead meat.

I sighed and then walked slowly downstairs.

"Yes?" I asked looking concerned and kinda scared, because I knew it was going to be about me having detention today.

I saw Cooper and Nathan still sitting on the couch, now listening to me and Luke's conversation.

Asher was still playing his video game, not paying attention to Luke and I, surprisingly. 

"I heard you had something called detention today?" He asked raising one eyebrow.

"Yeah," I said looking down.

"For talking disrespectful and while a teacher was talking?" he said again.

"I mean, kind of," I said looking down again, "It wasn't fully my fault though,"

"Paisley you should take responsibility and own up to everything you do," he said, "So don't say it wasn't your fault,"

"But it-

"Paisley, this is your second day and you're ALREADY getting in trouble. You can't keep doing this. Either fix up your behavior or you will be punished," Luke said interrupting me.

I still had my head down and didn't say a word.

"I'll let it slide this time but-"

Asher then looked up quickly.

"WHAT? You mean she's not getting punished but every time I get detention you punished me!" Asher said, suddenly listening to our conversation now.

"Asher stay out of it! " Luke said sharply.

I stuck my tongue out at Asher.

He flicked me off.

HA.

"Anyways, I'll let it slide, but don't do it again," Luke said finishing his sentence.

Asher rolled his eyes.

I gave him a hug and told him thank you about a million times.

I honestly didn't feel like getting grounded or punished because I was actually making friends like Everleigh and Tiyla now and probably would want to hang with them some day.

After I hugged him, I went in the kitchen, saw Daniel and hugged him too.

I honestly don't know why I hugged him.

I was just very happy that I wasn't on punishment, so I hugged him.

"Wow I get a free hug?" Daniel said shocked.

"Yeah why not," I said, shrugging.

He laughed.

I walked to the table and got some pizza Luke picked up.

I ate it in about 10 minutes and rushed back upstairs.