ONE

[ 1/5 ]
FIRST CHAPTER
2010

"your heart tells you big things in little ways

"your heart tells you big things in little ways ... listen."

//

Jungkook and Sahar walk to class, both feeling very different things yet somehow, there was an emotion that strung their hearts together.

Jungkook was feeling defeated, embarrassed and desperate because he lost the match against his, not so close friend Sahar. but those negative emotions fade when he feels her bump into his side, glancing at her beauty as she walks faster than him. they replace with adoration and longing.

Sahar on the other hand, feels triumphed and successful. it's highlighting in her green eyes and confident walk. she just made Jungkook lose against her, in front of a crowd. it's exactly what she's wanted- to give a boy a taste of his own medicine. it just had to be him- her old crush, the one who's warm hand nearly made her lose and get distracted.

she can't help the swift beating of her heart as they walk beside each other, careful to take glances when the other isn't looking. when Sahar does, her heart beats faster due to Jungkook's black bangs, round eyes and tall figure.

adoration and longing isn't just felt by the appealing Jungkook. both their hearts feel the same thing yet they're too fearful to say something.

because speaking about it makes it real.

Sahar can't help the grin on her lips as she turns towards Jungkook. "so what do i get for winning?" she asks, hands grabbing onto her backpack.

she doesn't expect a prize. Sahar is fulfilled with the fact that a boy lost to a girl, in front of a crowd. the reactions and outcome is all she sought.

Jungkook scoffs, not taking a single glance at her. Sahar may feel more anxious when his eyes are on her but when they aren't, she feels like he's distancing himself. she doesn't want to do anything wrong. "keep telling yourself that." he mutters, walking at the same pace.

"what? i so won." Sahar can't help but salute her victory.

"i let you because you're a girl."

"i'm a what?"

Jungkook's best friend- Hoseok sounds from behind them. "you're a girl." he repeats, thinking Sahar didn't hear but she did. oh boy she did.

Sahar nods and glares at Jungkook who's still not looking at her. look at me, god damn it! "i know, i heard." she replies, not wanting to deal with oblivious Hoseok. she can't help the annoyance in her tone, double standards between genders starts a storm in her veins.