TWO

[ 1/5 ]
SECOND CHAPTER
2010

"you know, i don't think it's what we say that keeps us up at night

"you know, i don't think it's what we say that keeps us up at night. i think it's what we don't say."

//

Sahar wakes up the next morning and her mind immediately rushes to Jungkook. why? she grumbles as she runs her hands down her lethargic face.

images of him smiling at her with nose scrunches, casually walking beside her, him drawing on her pages in yesterday's boring class, his state after running to the yard to look for her and the close, tingling sensation of them being friends appears. his power is that imposing.

she gets out of bed, early as always and does everything she needs to do. Sahar walks down the corridor of her home, warmth embracing her and she looks at the framed photos on the wall- its part of her daily routine. her family emphasises the importance of photographs as a way to keep memories secured, especially since one of her fathers memory is becoming worse everyday.

so Sahar has learnt to capture things in quick photos, then with the eyes because that way, the memory stays (unless you lose your phone or you don't back it up and it all goes to shit).

the sixteen year old stops to look at a photo of the entire family. it's a silly one that was taken at home, a year ago- one with no intention of being stuck on the decorated wall.

her and her younger brother, named Elio, a nine year old, got adopted many years ago.

they got lucky.

the young, male couple welcomed them into their new home with dimpled smiles and the preparation of looking after troubled kids. both duos had no family- Sahar and Elio's mother left for no reason and their father had run away to escape to the sea, where there's no responsibility of children. the male couple were sadly not accepted by their families, just one kind sibling that wanted the best for them.

their new fathers (one goes by mom, it started off as a joke and has now stuck) dealt with Elio's need to have a heterosexual upbringing which was because of repulsive bullying at school and Sahar's unwelcoming attitude.

they fought for them to have a loving, careful and pleasant home. they never gave up on them. Sahar and her brother let their past go and now all four of them love the home they have created- they love each other.

Sahar drops her backpack at the bottom of the stairs before making her way through the living room, stopping in her tracks when she sees her dad.