NINE

[ 2/5 ]
NINTH CHAPTER
2014

"my greatest flaw is this human heart

"my greatest flaw is this human heart."

//

Park Jimin leans against the balcony as he watches the fireworks.

he's staring at the display Malta has created with folded arms, radiant eyes as he stands in silence- wonder flooding through his body. "this trip was such a good idea, wasn't it?" Jimin asks Sahar for reassurance and agreement- his mute girlfriend who's sitting on the bed.

Sahar still hates how out of everyone, she ended up with Jimin. in her other life, she disliked him for stealing her best friend and now he's her boyfriend for god sake! "yeah it sure was." but she can't bring herself to be rude or tell him no, this is not what she wanted!

Jimin continues to talk to her from the balcony, voice raising so she can hear over the booming fireworks. "where did you go on your toilet break? you took so long." he asks, brunet eyes glancing in her direction. Sahar sees nothing but enthusiasm and love in his eyes and it makes her feel sick, it's not his fault but god-

Sahar has never made the effort to get to know Jimin and now she's alone with him, he's winsome and tender ... as a boyfriend anyway. she goes along with it. "i ended up getting lost again."

Jimin laughs, shaking his head as his blonde hair bounces. "again? gosh Sahar, come watch the fireworks with me." he waves his small hand over. Sahar obliges, amazed by how much the colour blonde suits Jimin- his black hair was great but the lighter colour makes him look softer.

"wow." leaves Sahar's lips immediately as she steps outside. the fireworks that illuminate the night sky is a view she's never experienced.

vivid colours of lavender, orange and emerald burst into large patterns, swirls and turbulent noises bringing enjoyable, beautiful light to the exquisite country. "nice huh?" Jimin seeks, nudging his shoulder into hers as he smiles at her reaction.

Jimin sighs in pleasure. "how did i end up here?" he asks himself, a mumble under his breath as he hugs her- wrapping his arms around her, leaning his head on top of hers as they watch.

Sahar is asking herself the same question.

//

Sahar sneaks out of the hotel room, making sure to close the door as quietly as possible- she doesn't want to wake sleeping Jimin at such a late hour.

she leaves the hotel, hands in the pockets of her baggy trousers as her olive eyes dart across the occupied, tourist area of Malta- where on earth is she going to find Jungkook?