THREE

[ 1/5 ]
THIRD CHAPTER
2010

"she would roam forever the quiet fields of my soul

"she would roam forever the quiet fields of my soul."

//

Sahar and Taehyung walk towards the schools reception area, in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Taehyung hums unintentionally. he's tired from sleeping late last night. he wanted to sleep but his eyes weren't cooperating. "i really appreciate you coming with me to pick this new student up." he tells Sahar with a smile, always giving her love and appreciation.

"yeah, of course Tae." Sahar replies, ready to help him with whatever.

Sahar can't help but look around for Jungkook. she yearns for him without even realising. she couldn't stop thinking about their warm hug, him sitting next to her in class, his soft hands, his murky strands of hair and his galaxy filled eyes. her crush was growing and this time, she had no effort to stop it.

it's still early, Jungkook might not be here yet. he's one to arrive late with Hoseok, rush to class whilst still chatting and apologise to the teacher politely. Sahar would love to see the boy before classes start, even though they share many together- a small smile would make her morning brighter and make her collapse.

as her and Taehyung stay quiet, her thoughts disappear because Jungkook strolls down the corridor- in the opposite direction, in front of her with a smug smile on his face. his lengthy legs carry him as he walks smoothly, hands in pockets and Sahar nearly jumps.

Jungkook and Sahar make eye contact, brown and green meeting as they try to hide their ecstacy. Jungkook raises his brows at her before giving her a smile with his pretty, ruby lips that makes his adorable nose scrunch.

fuck- she mutters when he walks past and her heart beats faster.

Sahar wonders how many times her and Jungkook had walked past in the corridors and never noticed each other- now, he's all she looks for. "Tae, i'm scared." she admits uneasily.

Taehyung looks at her, alarmed as his eyes widen. "wait, why?"

Sahar feels lucky to have a best friend who's genuinely concerned about her. "i think my old feelings for Jungkook are coming back." she tells the truth, knowing Taehyung will be there for her, advise her and make sure she is supported.

Sahar is terrified. her feelings for Jungkook were never this strong before. it was fine when he never noticed her, never paid attention to her and only engaged with her in group work. but now, things are different and there's the sense that they both want the same thing.