8

Camila

It's weird to watch her now that they're friends.

She'd decided to rewatch an episode of Silverhollow; one of her favourites, the season two episode with the intimate scene between Vanessa and Emilia. Except now she feels different. Instead of being over the moon that her favourite couple are moving to that next level, it's unusual. It's almost... uncomfortable.

She's especially taken off guard when Emilia kisses Vanessa, pushing her back against the door of her bedroom, and Camila feels a harsh stab of jealousy. She shakes her head, because she doesn't get why it would be different now; she's always thought that Lauren was beautiful, and she was pretty much her number one celebrity crush.

But it's different now, she's your friend, Camila thinks to herself, you know her, it's makes it different.

She surprises herself even more when she skips through the scene, sighing with relief when it cuts to a different scene in the school. She finds that she couldn't stomach it, to watch Lauren with Lucy, and—

Except it's not Lauren and Lucy, it's Vanessa and Emilia, Camila reminds herself, they're playing characters, and it's not like they're actually sleeping together. Why are you so jealous?

Jealous. When the word comes to mind, Camila finds herself trying to push that thought away, but she finds she can't deny the obvious truth of it. It's weird, because she'd never been bothered before; in fact, when the scene had initially aired, Camila remembers her celebratory tweets about it, and Camila had always found Lauren attractive. She was her celebrity crush, and she doesn't see why it should be different now she's just her crush.

If she's being honest, she doesn't even see Lauren as a celebrity anymore. There are times when she's forgotten, times when Lauren texts her, and she doesn't see a text from Lauren Jauregui, award winning actress, she sees a text from her friend, Lauren.

She hadn't thought about the feelings she'd been having, not properly. Not until now, when she skipped over a Vanmilia scene because she's too jealous to stomach it. She doesn't understand why though, because she knows that Lauren isn't Vanessa, that she's just playing a character, that it's all fictional, but she looks at them kissing and feels hurt, because all she sees is Lauren kissing Lucy, not Vanessa kissing Emilia.

She turns the TV off all together, and she almost gets her things ready for class. Almost, until Lauren replies to the text she'd sent to her earlier.

Lauren 🌹 (12:24PM): Sorry, Camz! Can't meet you on campus for lunch, honestly feel so sick rn

Lauren 🌹 (12:24PM): Don't know if I'll be well enough to come in tomorrow either, so we'll have to wait until next week for our usual coffee/class/lunch/class routine

Camz 💕 (12:25PM): alright no worries

Camz 💕 (12:25PM): i'll see u in 10 mins im coming over don't worry im a fully qualified doctor (don't look that up)

She sends it on an impulse, and goes to put her shoes on; she's got a class later, but she'd rather look after Lauren. If the older girl wants her to.

Lauren 🌹 (12:26PM): You don't need to come look after me! Honestly, I look kinda gross and I don't want to give you anything

Camz 💕 (12:26PM): i find it hard to believe you could ever look gross

She leaves her backpack, because she's not going to bother going to class. She orders an Uber, and it doesn't take long to show up. Tucking her phone into the back pocket of her jeans, she gets in the car and puts her headphones in so she doesn't have to talk to the driver. She doesn't put any music on, just texts Lauren on her way.