14

Lauren

"Trick or treat!" She announces as the door swings open to Camila. Holding out her overnight bag, she looks at her expectantly. "I will only accept strawberry or cola flavoured candy."

Camila laughs, "Alright, so I guess you don't want the bag of mini Reese's that I bought for you."

"You bought me Reese's?" Lauren's stomach flutters as she steps inside Camila's house and shuts the door behind her. She slips her shoes off, and dumps her bag on top of them, and she's definitely taken off guard when Camila pulls her in for a hello kiss. "Oh, hi! So, you bought me Reese's?"

Camila laughs. "Yeah, I know you're not the biggest chocolate fan, but it's Halloween, and the whole point is that you're supposed to stuff your face with candy."

"You're so sweet," Lauren studies Camila for a moment, before she takes her hand and lets the younger girl lead her to the kitchen. "So... what's the plan? I haven't eaten dinner since you told me not to."

"Well, first we're going to order takeout and start drinking, and then we're going to watch some laughably bad horror movies," Camila says, "and maybe some actually good ones too."

"We have to watch at least one classic slasher movie," Lauren says, "like Scream, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th. Ooh, Texas Chainsaw Massacre?"

"Sure, if you want me to pee my pants," Camila jokes, passing her a pouch of mini Reese's, "anyway, totally no pressure to drink if you don't want to, but also total pressure to snuggle with me. I've already called dibs on the softest blanket and I have another surprise up my sleeve."

Lauren smiles, "you know my default state is wanting to snuggle with you."

"I know, because you're basically a puppy," Camila laughs, wrapping her arms around Lauren's waist and pressing a kiss to her cheek, "you're totally the cutest. Apologies for anything I do when I'm drunk."

"Right back at you, honestly. You saw how clingy I was when I'm tipsy," Lauren blushes embarrassedly at the memory; she's surprised Camila hadn't clocked that Lauren liked her just from that. "Also, uh, is there anywhere I can smoke here? I brought my cigarettes, because when I'm drunk I like to smoke."

"The porch, I guess," Camila shrugs, and then sends Lauren a teasing smile, adding, "smoking kills, you know."

Lauren holds up her hands in defence. "I don't do it all the time! Just when I'm drunk or stressed."

"Isn't that the whole point of cigarettes though? Like, you develop an addiction?" Camila raises her eyebrows. "It's only a matter of time. Maybe you should stop while you can."

"Well, I've been smoking the way I do since I was eighteen," Lauren sticks her tongue out childishly, "I treat it like a glass of wine to lay of some steam. Alcohol is an addictive substance too, and as long as you don't go overboard, you're good. I'd never smoke a cigarette sober, unless I'm upset but in public. If I'm stressed and I'm at home, that's when I smoke weed."

"Okay, as long as you're sure you've got it under control," Camila flashes her a smile, "then I won't criticise. Just want you to be safe and healthy, you know?"

Almost as if to emphasise just how under control she has it, she pulls the pack out of her jacket pocket, "I've had this carton since August, and it's literally Halloween, so..."

"Alright, I believe you," Camila assures her, "come on, I need to introduce you to Ally and Dinah."

Lauren tucks her cigarettes back into her pocket, and lets Camila lead her towards the lounge. She opens the door, and Lauren immediately takes note of the messy blanket fort that had been constructed using an arm of one of the couches, a drying rack and the wall. She raises her eyebrows, because there are two perfectly good couches, and Camila immediately explains.