22

Lauren

"I think this is the first time I've ever spent New Year's not at a party." She comments as she opens the door to let Camila in. She looks her girlfriend over, and even though she's just in a casual plaid shirt and skinny jeans, she announces, "You look beautiful, by the way."

Camila flashes her a smile. "Thank you, mi amor. I love your dress."

She's just wearing a cute floral summer dress, nothing flashy at all, but she appreciates the compliment nonetheless. She smooths it out as she shuts the door, and pulls her in for a kiss. "I missed you."

Camila laughs. "You saw me two days ago."

"Mhm, and I missed you," Lauren repeats, waiting for Camila to take her shoes off. "You better have missed me too."

"Of course," Camila assures her, and once she's kicked her shoes off, she takes Lauren's hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. Then she sends her a teasing smile and announces, "Obviously I'd be missing you a lot more if you weren't my girlfriend right now and I was still just a fan. Pretty sure they're having withdrawals since you're never on social media anymore."

Lauren laughs. "Well, we can post some dumb stuff later. When we're both a little drunk."

"If you want to go out to a party, we can," Camila offers, "I don't mind. Whatever you want to do."

Lauren shakes her head, pulling Camila into the lounge; she'd invited her over half because her parents and siblings are out at a family party, so they'd get some privacy, and half because she wants to see the new year in with just the two of them. Her mother had desperately tried to object. Her excuse was that Lauren was almost never in Miami for New Year's Eve; she comes home for Christmas every year, and flies back to L.A, usually to party with her friends on New Year's Eve. The last time she'd spent it with her family was the last year she'd had complete anonymity; NYE 2013.

She'd felt a little bad, but also didn't want to kiss Camila at midnight in front of her entire family, and she'd also spent literally every day since she got back with her family, so she was in need of a small break.

"I'm good with not partying. It's actually kind of nice to have a cute night in with my girl," Lauren plays with Camila's hand, before she flops down on the couch, tugging her girlfriend with her, "plus, I know you're not the biggest fan of parties and I really don't want to force you to do anything you don't want to do. Also, you know, I don't really know anyone in Miami anymore, except for Alexa, so if you're wanting a party it'll have to be the obviously super insane family party that's happening right now."

Camila snorts with laughter. "The Jauregui clan parties hard, huh?"

"Oh, definitely, my grandparents are literal party animals," Lauren jokes, before she snuggles up to her girlfriend on the couch. "Anyway, we have to kiss at midnight, but other than that, we don't have any plans. What do you want to do?"

"Well, I have a bottle of vodka in my backpack that I'd like to open, but other than that, I'm fine," Camila replies, before she realises something and announces, "oh! And I want to get into pyjamas ASAP. We're not going anywhere else tonight, are we?"

"Nope. I mean, we'll be ordering takeout, but we can answer the door in pyjamas. The delivery guy will have probably seen worse than two girls in PJs." Lauren laughs, before considering it and announcing, "in fact, that's probably just their normal weekend."

"Alright, come here, let's take a couple of cute pictures before we get dressed down," Camila pulls her phone out and opens the front camera, and Lauren snuggles as close to her as she can, smiling for Camila, not for the camera. When the younger girl shows her the pictures, she smiles even more, realising that she probably looks ridiculously in love. "Can I post these?"