19

Lauren

She knocks on the door, trying to ignore the way the anxiety builds her in her chest. She knows that Camila will open it, and Camila makes everything calm down for a little while. Her parents will like you, Lauren thinks to herself, you're always good with parents. It's fine.

Her reassurances don't help, but when the front door swings open, and she meets Camila's gaze, it's like her mind quietens down, because it's far too focused on thinking wow, she's my girlfriend than worrying about everything else.

"Hi," She meets Camila's gaze and flashes her a soft smile, "I missed you."

Camila pulls her in for a hug, "I missed you too, mi amor."

Lauren relaxes into her touch, murmuring into her shoulder, "I'm sorry I couldn't come over sooner. I didn't realise how much family time my mom wanted to cram in, and I needed to hang with Alexa too. And, you know, with everything that happened..."

"It's okay," Camila assures her, pulling out of the hug and kissing her in greeting, "but that was much needed. Fair warning; my parents know that you're my girlfriend, which means you'll definitely be fussed over. I've never brought anyone home before, so..."

"Oh... really?" Lauren blinks in surprise, but she takes Camila's words at face value as she follows her inside, dropping her overnight bag by the door. "Oh, don't freak out or anything, but I brought you the jacket. I forgot to give it to you when you were at my place."

"Really?" Camila looks like she's just told her she's going on an all-expenses paid luxury cruise or something, "can I have it now?"

"Alright," She opens up her bag and digs around until she finds it at the bottom, underneath her pyjamas. Passing it to Camila, she studies the awestruck look on her girlfriend's face, and announces, "should I be worried that you're going to leave me for that jacket?'

Camila laughs, rolling her eyes, and pulling her in for another kiss. "No, no, obviously not, it's just... I don't know. Exciting? I don't know what the right word is. It's just, I've liked the show since it started, and this is Vanessa's iconic jacket. And yes, yes, obviously you play her and everything, but like, I kind of forget about that sometimes."

It's stupid, but Lauren honestly likes that she forgets. "Oh. Well... that's good. Where are your parents?"

"Nervous about meeting them?" Camila raises her eyebrows in amusement, still clutching onto the jacket like it's her lifeline, "My dad is at work, and he's never really that interested in meeting people anyway, but I'm sure my mom is waiting around here somewhere, waiting for the right moment to intrude."

Apparently, that's the right moment. A woman who pretty much just looks like an older version of Camila, just with lighter hair and glasses, comes out of the kitchen, already armed with a tin filled with cookies, which makes Lauren immediately warm to her, because cookies.

"Hola, Lauren, I'm Sinu, it's lovely to meet you," the woman smiles, taking her jacket for her and hanging it up, snatching Vanessa's jacket from Camila's hands as well, but the younger girl grabs it back. "Karla has told me so much about you."

"Okay, please no comments about how I've been telling you about her for years, thanks," Camila shoots daggers at a little girl peering out from what looks like the living room, before announcing, "See? Told you I was telling the truth, Sofi."

Sofi looks between Camila and Lauren before she announces, "bet you just paid her or something."

"Shut up," Camila rolls her eyes, before she takes Lauren's hand and tells her, "Lo, this is Sofia, my annoying little sister. She doesn't believe I'm really dating you because apparently you're too cool for me."