24

Lauren

"Alright. Award show." Camila says, and Lauren glances over at her from the driver's seat. "I'm going to an award show tomorrow. With Lauren Jauregui."

"Alright, don't be weird, it's not a big deal," Lauren rolls her eyes, skipping the song that's playing in favour of Pressure by Paramore. "You've had this information in your head for multiple days now, I'd have thought it'd have sunk in."

"Nope," Camila easily replies, and Lauren can feel her gaze on her as she drives. "Sometimes it's all still fucking surreal. Like, this is my life now? You're my girlfriend? Back in August I literally had a fan account for you, and now I'm your date to an award show. That's so fucking weird. You have to admit it."

Lauren snorts in amusement. "I mean... yeah, it is kind of weird, but... still. You should be used to it by now."

"I told you, most of the time I literally forget that you played Vanessa, or that you're an actress in general, because I pretty much just see you as my beautiful girlfriend Lauren. And then I remember and the whole situation just hits me and it's like... what the fuck even is my life," Camila laughs, before she picks up Lauren's phone and asks, "anyway, can I put a song on?"

"After this one, it's my favourite Paramore song," Lauren dismisses her, and she sings along as she drives, hyperaware of the way Camila is looking at her. Cutting herself off halfway through the second verse, she glances over at the younger girl, "What?"

"It annoys me that you're so good at singing and you're not pursuing it," Camila sends her the cutest scowl. "You realise I'm going to force you to sing on every project I have to do that requires a singer, right?"

Lauren rolls her eyes, ignoring the words all together. "Have you posted our song yet?"

"I actually did it last night." Camila tells her, "I'll text you the link so you can give me that view."

"Text it to me now," Lauren tells her, and when she spies a gas station up ahead, she figures she might as well pull in there to take a quick break from driving and buy some snacks. "I'm going to stop at that gas station there."

Camila looks at her like she's an idiot. "You drive a Tesla, you don't need gas."

"For snacks, dumbass," Lauren rolls her eyes, "the car doesn't need fuel, but I do."

Camila just laughs at her, and when the Paramore song ends, she immediately grabs Lauren's phone again, "can I change the song now?"

"My password is 060614," Lauren tells her, trusting Camila entirely, "don't put anything weird on."

"I won't," Camila laughs, and she immediately goes to Lauren's music app and puts the song into the search bar. She's quiet for a moment, before The Lucky One by Taylor Swift starts to play through the speakers in Lauren's car, and Camila asks, "060614. Any significance to that number?"

Lauren raises her eyebrows as she pulls into the gas station, driving past the pumps and parking out of the way. "Surprised you don't know."

"I have an idea, but..." Camila shrugs, "don't want to sound like I was an obsessive stalker fan."

"I already know that you were an obsessive stalker fan," Lauren teases her, "I think I would've started avoiding you by this point if it bothered me."

"Shut up," Camila rolls her eyes, "but... is it the date of your first day on set?"

"Yep," Lauren says, and as she turns a corner and pulls into a gas station, she turns to Camila with a small, teasing smile, "see? Knew you were a stalker. Bet you knew that I have it tattooed on my arm, too."