Lost History

Chapter Nine: Lost History

The curtains pulled to reveal a puppet theater.

At the center stage was a puppet version of Eclipsa when she was a princess. The bard began to play his lute and began the song.

"Perfect Princess Eclipsa

She's great in every way

Everything she says and does

Is absolutely right

Her hair is silky soft

Her favorite flowers are Roses

She flosses every day

And she never needs to sleep!

The perfect Princess Eclipsa

She's nice in every way

Always in a sunny mood

Even on the cloudy days

Her sugar-coated heart of gold

Will make everything fine

She plays with puppies and kisses kitty cats

Eats her veggies and smells like lavender

Perfect Princess Eclipsa

She's a fan of smiles

Perfect Princess Eclipsa

Will be our que-ee-e-e-e-een!"

Solaria clapped for her daughter's princess song as Eclipsa was trying hard to smile while her two daughters were making a face.

"Um... Mother, what kind of song is that?" Festivia groaned as she conjured soda from her goblet to quickly drink.

"Now I know that the song is a bit... too much. But it is a tradition that has been done for as long as the kingdom of Butterfly began, and it will be both of your first step as being introduced as Princess of Mewni." Eclipsa smiled.

"It's not that bad." Globgor forcefully smiled as the overly sappy song was given him indigestion.

"Oh, try not to puke on our traditions, Globgor." The Spiderbite King muttered in annoyance, not admitting he hated to song too.

"Now, the bards will be coming soon to start with your songs. So be nice and help them anyway that you can." The Queen of Mewni requested as the girls sighed.

At the Butterfly sisters' room...

While Festivia was messing with her magic and Meteora was going through the Book of Magic, the bards arrived.

"Hello, Princesses of Mewni, what a happy day~ We wish to wing your song so that everyone would sway~." The first one sang.

"While my brother is here for Meteora, with a beautiful tail~ I am here for Heir Princess Festivia for song to regale~." The other sang.

"Ugh... Is it gonna be super mushy? If it is, I'll pass." Festivia groaned as she lied back on her bed.

"Just put my name in instead of Mom's and we'll be done. Festivia come over here." Meteora responded as her mind was on other things.

"No, no, my princess, we want to make the song less... sweet and fake..."

"...And more heroic and truer."