Faded Bond

Chapter Eleven: Faded Bond

After learning the grim and morbid history of her family, Festivia soon began to see the world in a new light.

Her job as future ruler of Mewni was to make everyone in the kingdom happy. But how can she do that when the monster part of her kingdom was suffering greatly.

She thought of starting to do events to realize the harmony of Mewmans and Monsters. But then her father never approved of her mingling with monsters. Come to think of it, the only time King Shastacan ever really spend time with her was to give her expensive presents and to reprimand her for spending time with her Stepfather, the only person who she really saw as a father, Globgor.

Festivia had so many fond memories of her Stepfather. They went camping as a family with Eclipsa and Meteora, fishing, he taught her how to bake, he use to let her play with his giant tail, he would pretend to be the groom of one of her dolls, he would give the talk to boys she was dating to take care of her while in his giant form, he would cheer both her and Meteora at Cornball, he would love the presents she got him for his birthday and so many great memories.

But her biological father?

He seemed to come to her special moments but was never actually there in spirit, like he was forced to come. When Festivia is with her sister, Shastacan would just sneer and glare.

Festivia begins to think that it would have been better if Globgor was her father, but to keep her own daughter of thinking that, he would give her everything her heart desired, trying his best to keep his own child picking a monster over him.

He's already dealing with that with his own wife.

But since the incident with the tapestry, Festivia became more insisted on trying to help monsters. She would hold charities for them, hold parties for them, wanting to learn more of their culture, it was too much for Shastacan to bear.

He sat there and sulk as the Butterfly Sisters planned another even for Mewmans and Monsters.

"So, we ask one Mewman to dance with one Monster per turn then provide extra cherry soda to break the tension?" Festivia wondered.

"That sounds good. Now, how do we get them to mingle? Mewmans are still scared of Monsters and Monsters fear that Mewmans could hurt them." Meteora questioned was they brought out the map of the party for tomorrow night.

"You let me worry about that. I am the Mingle Mistress." Festivia proudly spoke as her half-sister rolled her eyes.

"True. Alright now-."

"Girls, can you please do that somewhere else? You are bringing me headaches." The short king demanded as Eclipsa intervened.

"Leave them be. They are doing good things for this kingdom and I rather not have it spoiled." The Dark Queen advised.

The Spiderbite grind his teeth as he stormed out of the throne room.

"What are we to do with him?" Globgor questioned as he shook his head.

But then his ears began to perk up as he became tense.

"Globby? Are you okay?" His wife wondered as everyone turned their attention to the monster king as he walked towards the window.

"A storm is coming." He gasped in shock.

"What?" Meteora questioned.

"A storm, a very big one. Big enough to cause a flood. We have only minutes to prepare." Globgor answered as Eclipsa whistled for the servants to come.