Chapter 3

Vixen awoke to another nightmare, her heart drumming in panic. She groans and rolls out of bed, taking her pills to calm her anxiety, she remembers the incident from the day before. She blushed darkly as she runs her hands down her arms to where zaiden had touched, a static feeling following the motion. She groans,

'ugh... Why do i have to feel so giddy about him.... Do you want to get hurt again vixen? Remember what mom said 'all men are viscious and selfish humans' it's not worth the time... He probably has a lot of girls to a date anyway. '

Vixen sighed at the reality that her past will always haunt her.

' now this is one way to ruin a good day off from work.... Think about the guy you can't have. Damn real cheerful... Thanks brain'

Vixen walked about her apartment, cleaning the living area and her room, washing the bathroom and wiping down the kitchen. She made herself some breakfast and settled down in to her comfy fluffed up couch to watch something on the forty inch screen TV.

It was a very expensive decision to get that TV, but her mom and herself loved and bonded over video games, also the occasional TV series that play on random channels. Vixen couldn't bare touching the games she and her mom played, it reminded her of a time that she wasn't alone. After her mom died all of vixen's high school friends left her, calling her an orphan, but vixen was strong willed, she graduated high school, got herself a degree, doing the things she knew her mother would want her to do.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she thought about her mother, she wiped the tears away and decided to leave her empty, quiet apartment.

As she got dressed in some warm clothes, she stepped out into the chilly, crisp air, breathing in the smell of nature. She walked quite a distance from her apartment, further than the café, she took her time, wandering in the feeling of nostalgia, as she passed the buildings from her memories.

The old sweet shop that stood proudly for thirty years, the flower shop that always had a beautiful display of flowers, many varieties, her mother always loved roses; everyday she would buy a different color and plant them at home, the sound of her peaceful humming lingered still in vixen's ears.

The pain lingered in vixen's heart, how something so small would mean so much to her in the future, she wished she had never gone to school that day, maybe then she could have stopped her mother's unfortunate fate. Vixen's feet had gone on instinct and had taken her to the one place she could feel her mother's energy.

The park, the place where vixen grew up to love, the place her mother loved. She walked to a nearby bench and sat comfortably, pulling out one of her favorite novels. She sat there reading, letting her ears hear all the joyful sounds of families and friends, playing and enjoying their mornings. Then she singled out  a voice all too familiar to forget.

Zaiden. he was here, vixen looked up from her book and sure enough there he was; running across the green grass with a football in hand. His smile as almost glowing. Vixen blushed as she saw him playing in the grass with several of his friends, she shook her head and went back to her book, successfully pulling her mind away from the male that is slowly stealing her heart.

Zaiden was enjoying this chilly morning with his friends, running around playing football, the one game he had fond memories of from back in high school. he placed the ball on the ground and backed up, gaining a running start he kicked the football; it flew in the wrong direction. It was flying in the direction of a girl sitting on a bench. He recognized those blue locks behind that book. Crap. Its Vixen.

"LOOK OUT VIXEN!"

Vixen looked up from her book as a something speeded towards her, she immediately ducked from the oncoming impact, She lands on the ground and looks at the ball that flew behind the bench. She got off the ground and dusted off  her clothes, she heard running footsteps towards her and turned around. " damn, just what i needed, Zaiden and his friends." Zaiden ran up to Vixen panting and took a deep breath.

"I'm *gasp* so *gasp* sorry vixen, i didn't see you, it as an accident."

"It's fine Zaiden, just forget it,"

Zaiden looked up and smiled appologetically, he was about to speak again till a large mass of noise overcame the two of them. The crowd of friends that zaiden was playing with surrounded him and vixen, their voices loud and obnoxious screeming at the top of their lungs.

" OH MY GOD, ARE YOU OKAY ??!?!"

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME ?!"

"HOW DO YOU KNOW ZAIDEN!?"

"ARE YOU HIS GIRLFRIEND?!"

Vixen visibly shrunk in to herself and tried to avoid the loud voices, they got louder and louder till it was drowned out by one voice.

"GUYS! BACK OFF! ONE MORE PERSON TO ASK HER ANYTHING WILL GET THROWN IN TO THE LAKE!"

It was zaiden, his voice so clear and strong, she blushed at her thoughts and immediately hid her face behind her hand. Zaiden stood in front of vixen protecting her from his group of friends, his friends backed up and kept their voices low, making faces of confusion. Zaiden turned around and placed his hands on vixen's arms and he whispered in her ear,

"I'm so sorry about that, are you okay?"

Vixen blushed darkly and nodded her head, replying to his question. Zaiden saw that she was blushing and blushed himself, remembering the position he and vixen are in, he jumped back and shyly scratched the back of his head.

"I'll get going i dont want to cause you anymore trouble,"

As he walks away, vixen blushes darkly and hides her face in her hand and looks away, she watches zaiden walk away  and then he turns,and smiles at her blushing lightly and waved in her direction. She waved back shyly and picked up her book and walked to the nearest grocery store, pretending to shop she smiles in to her hand thinking her head.

'Sorry mom, but not all guys are that bad, because one of them has stolen my heart, and damn is he dreamy,'