chapter 9

"Who's vixen?"

A voice entered the conversation, it was an innocent voice that both Zaiden and Damien knew well, it was Mia, Damien's younger sister.

"Is she Zaiden's girlfriend?"

Mia peeked around the living room sofa, her big blue eyes shining with wonder, she played with her brown hair which was tied into two pig tails, holding her favourite pig plushie, it had once belonged to Damien, his best friend in highschool had made it for him, Zaiden couldn't recall who this alleged 'best friend' was, Zaiden and Damien went to the same highschool, Zaiden was on the same football team as damien. there was no sight of a best friend.

But there was a girl who sat on the bleachers during pratice times after school, she would sit there and watch the practice whether it was raining or blistering heat, he remembered what all the jocks would say about that girl,

" Bro she's the prettiest girl in her class, all the guy's in school are in love with her, but Damien is the lucky one, she accepted his flowers for valentines, people say that they're dating."

They would say in complete sadness, at the time, Zaiden never cared about girls in highschool, he was completely occupied to build his body and his football, there was only one thought on his mind,

"I have to save my mom, i have to save her from that monster,"

He smiled at how something as simple as a plushie was conneted to many memories,

"I've told you not to eavesdrop in to adult's conversations, it's rude,"

Damien crossed his arms over his chest and popped is hip out, looking like his mother, Mia looked sadly at Zaiden giving her most dramatic puppy eyes, Zaiden melted under her gaze, somehow children are the only thing that can make his heart melt, but now so has Vixen,

"Vixen isn't my girlfriend Mia, she's a friend,"

"That you want to make out with and eventually date,"

Damien snickered, earning a poisonous look in his direction from Zaiden, Damien turned to his younger sister and spoke,

"Mia go to bed, Zaiden is going to be sleeping on the couch, and you have school tomorrow young lady, now off to bed"

Mia obediently picked up her pig plushie which she had named 'rudabega', she trudged down the corridor and walked to her room, Zaiden sighed, rubbing both his palms down his face in frustatration, groaning loudly,

"Okay Zaid, you owe me an explaination right now bro, where did you go dressed like that? and why do you think you're in love with Vixen, after you strictly claimed that you won't get close to her?"

Zaiden sighed guiltily,

"Okay one, i went to the wine glass to have a drink and forget about Vixen, two, i want to change for her Damien, she's the kind of girl i want to get close to, i thought it was just my need for sex, but with her i feel alive Damien, she makes me feel like there's more to life than just sex and booze,and there's something about her that i want to find out, she's interesting man, like a puzzle i want to put together to see the bigger picture,"

Damien closed his eyes and breathed in deeply,

"Okay, i'm going to tell you this once Zaiden, i know this girl, she was my best friend back in highschool, i know you had you're own demons to face back in school, but so did she, that girl has been hurt to a degree that i'm afraid to touch her in fear of causing her to break and fall to pieces in front of me, i'll agree to be your wingman as always since you're my best friend, but, if you so much as say the wrong thing to her, i will kick your ass, got it?"