Chapter One

"Hey you need help with those boxes Gaara?" Kankuro asked down the steps of his apartment building.

"No, it's fine. I only have three small boxes." Gaara sighed as he walked up the stairs.

"Yeah but you're so wittle~" the brunette teased as Gaara finally got to him.

"I am not." He said back and walked into the apartment and sets down his things.

"Give me a little arm flex, show those guns off."

"Ugh..you know I don't have 'guns' Kankuro.." the redhead sighed and did a little flex, nothing really happened.

"See, that's what I mean by little. Look at this." The older one smiled and rolled up his black sleeves and gave a flex too, showing off how much more muscle he had.

"I know I know. But I got my boxes up here by myself though."

Kankuro nodded and sighed a bit. He takes Gaara to the extra room at his apartment and pats the bed. Gaara watched and nodded around the boring looking room. He didn't mind through, it was much better than his old room. He sets his boxes down in there and started to put things away. The younger one had just turned sixteen and as soon as that happened he packed his things up and moved to Konoha with his brother. He hated his home back in Suna. Not only with how hot it was but everyone there was very judgmental and well...his father was the worse part of his home. His father was horrible. He treated Gaara like shit for so long and before Temari and Kankuro moved out, they were treated terrible as well.
Temari moved out first of course. She had told her father that she was talking to a boy and she was interested in meeting him. At first Rasa didn't mind so he went to meet this new boy. After a bit though he started to stalk her phone, downloading things and cameras to make sure she wasn't doing anything wrong. Anything she shouldn't be doing before marriage of course. After a bit of searching Rasa found some inappropriate things (nothing too bad though but horrifying to her father) that his daughter was sending as well as pictures she was getting back from the boy. When she invited him over from his home at Konoha she made him feel as at home as possible but it would be so sweet for long. Rasa brought up about how the two were sexting right at the dinner table and started to show screenshots. He started to threaten Temari's new boyfriend, then finally even punched the Nara boy. After that Kankuro and Gaara both interfered to hold their dad back and Temari quickly grabbed him right out of the house and run away. She came back when Rasa worked to pack her things and say goodbye to her brothers.
Next on the list was Kankuro. Kankuro never wanted to leave because he knew he couldn't take Gaara until he was older. But as soon as he was able he had to just pack up and leave. He couldn't handle it anymore. At the age of twelve Kankuro definitely knew he didn't like girls and that freaked him out. His dad was such a religious and horrible man. He stayed in the closest as far as he could, hiding any kind of emotion really. He had many breakdowns and many points in relapsing it just wasn't good for him at all. He even got a fake girlfriend to hide everything but one day she was looking for him around the school and accidentally saw him kissing a boy at the roof top of the school. She got a video of them and started showing everyone at the school. Then from the students the teachers saw and from the teachers the parents saw. Kankuro got home to his little brother making dinner and his dad drunk as hell that day. He tried to explain that it wasn't him in the video and he'd never do something so bad but it didn't really work out. Kankuro ended up getting beat and Gaara ended up getting hit for trying to help. The brunette couldn't take it anymore and packed his essentials into one bag and then left a note for Gaara before sneaking out the window and taking the first train to Konaha he could get. He ended up homeless for a few weeks even.
And finally the youngest, Gaara...once Kankuro had ran away his father got into more drinking habits. Almost every other night or so coming home drunk as hell and expecting food from Gaara. It was like the redhead was his dad's little maid. He did everything around the house. Then often he couldn't be on his phone because of how much of a stalker his dad was. He didn't really like anyone. He couldn't be straight because his dad flipped out on Temari and he couldn't be gay because of how he treated Kankuro. So now Gaara was just all by himself, confused, scared, and just falling to a slum of emotionlessness. He declined many friends, many relationship offers, and many parties because he was so scared of his dad. Then the one night he asked a sober dad if he could go to a party because it was his birthday— ended up with someone slipping something in drink. They did a lot to himself and he even woke up with a tattoo on his forehead. He was so scared to go home until his dad went to work and he packed his things and called Kankuro immediately to move. Left as soon as possible and went right to his brother and that's where we're at with the three siblings.

"I'm sorry I left you two years ago. It was so selfish of me to leave you with that asshole and not even say a proper goodbye." Kankuro said gently as he help Gaara set up the room.

"You had it worse than me, I wouldn't have wanted you to deal with it any longer." Gaara replied and puts his clothes in the drawer.

"Still..it was a shitty thing to do." He sighed and pushed his hand through his hair.

"Well at least you can be yourself now. Right? I mean you can wear your makeup without hiding and you can go out with boys and such." The redhead gave a little smile.

"Yeah and you can do whatever too. Just nothing stupid. No obsessive drinking, drugs, dumb shit. Kay? I have some boundaries at my apartment." The older on smiled and pushed back Gaara's hair a bit, "that's a big ass tattoo.."

"Yeah...I was scared what dad would have done to me if he saw it. I mean I just blacked out and woke up with it. I mean I like it but...wish I would've know about it." He sighed.

"Yeah, well got comfortable and such. First day at Konoha High is tomorrow. Get a good amount of sleep."

"Alright, thanks Kankuro."

"No problem, Gaara."