Chapter Six

Not much later someone was knocking on the door. Gaara got up and walked over, opening it and instantly feels himself being hugged. He slowly hugged back and nuzzled close to her neck, smiling softly. She really hadn't changed much—a little taller, little longer hair, her figure more shaped but nothing insane. She moved away and cupped his cheeks, gasping a little when she looked over him. He bites his lip and looks at her a bit confused, watching as she closed the door. She glared at Kankuro before hugging her youngest brother right back into her chest.

"What the hell did you do to him? You let him get a forehead tattoo?!" Temari scolded at Kankuro.

"I didn't let him! Wasn't my fault. He had it before he got here." Kankuro quickly said back.

"You did? What happened? Dad definitely didn't let you get that." She looked at him and squished his cheeks gently.

"I went to a party, someone slipped something into my drink. I blacked out really...just kinda woke up with it and no eyebrows so...the eyeliner takes away from the fact I guess." Gaara answered as he watched her.

"I'll beat those bitches up Gaara, you know I will." She sighed and watched a bit.

"I know but I really don't wanna go back home. I want to stay as far away as possible from that school."

"Food is on the table now." Kankuro said.

"Since when do you cook?" Temari asked as she brought Gaara over to the table.

"Since I could afford a microwave." He said back and sat down.

         Temari smiled a bit and sat down, look at the two. It's only been a a month since the last time she saw Kankuro but it's be close to a year maybe two—she lost track—since she saw Gaara. She looked at him gently, he definitely was different—not in the whole forehead tattoo way just in general. A lot quieter and more nervous, skinnier definitely. Just a list of being a child. She sighed as she watched him and then started to eat. Kankuro started to eat too and Gaara looked at them. He slowly began to eat some of the food.

"So you ran away I'm guessing? You okay now? How's school?" Temari asked.

"Yeah I ran away, didn't really want dad seeing it. And I think I'm okay...I guess. School's fine." Gaara replied back.

"He made some friends." Kankuro added.

"Yeah? I probably know them." She smiled gently.

"I met Naruto, Kiba, Ino, Choji, and Lee. And your boyfriend..I didn't think he was that young." Gaara answered and continued to eat.

"Oh boyfriend? Shikamaru, we really aren't together anymore. We had this fight a couple weeks ago. Why? Is he still calling me his girlfriend?"

"Really? That punk is still saying that?" Kankuro butted in.

"Well he didn't say that. His friends did. Maybe they don't you guys stopped dating." Gaara shrugged.

"Soooo which friend said that?" She asked curiously.

"Well Choji said it for sure but Ino was teasing him about it." He shrugged.

"Hmph...Ino really? Ugh...she was always on him." She sighed and leaned back in her chair. "Change subject time! Anything else happen?"

"Well...I'm partners with Lee for gym. I dunno. Nothing eventful really happened today."

"You meet anyone you like~? Any girls or boys?" She teased and smiled.

"No, I don't think so."

"Oh come on. You're no fun Gaara. No one is hot or cute to you?"

"I don't think so..."

Temari sighed softly but gave a soft smile at him. They continued to talk, more so Kankuro and Temari were talking and Gaara was listening. Well somewhat listening as he ate. Anyone hot or cute? I don't think I saw anyone really...I dunno. I really don't understand this whole sexuality thing. Cute I mean yeah, that girl who was shy about Naruto was cute but I don't think I'd date her. Then there's hot...I think Naruto is hot but he's...he's too much and definitely not into guys. I don't know...then there's Lee. He's really cute but really energetic...but his smile is really sweet but he's just so positive. Ugh! You don't even know him. You don't know any of these kids! Just get through the school year. Gaara sighed a bit and then grabbed the empty plates and puts the into the sink.

"So other than the kids...how were classes?" Temari watched her brother.

"They were fine. Pretty easy compared to what I had back home." Gaara answered.

"Well that's good." She smiled at him.

"Um..yeah. Well, thanks for coming over. I really missed you but I think I'm just gonna go shower and go to bed. I'm really tired I'm sorry." He said.

"It's fine. I'm glad to see you. If Kankuro ever being bitchy you can stay with me." She got up and hugged him close.

"I'm never bitchy. You're bitchy." Kankuro glared at her.

"Okay, thanks but Kankuro is fine." Gaara nodded and moved away from the hug and goes to the restroom.

"Kankuro," once Gaara had gotten away she turned to the brunette. "Is he doing okay?"

"I think so? He's probably just shook up about day. He was lone without his siblings for like two years Tem. We're pretty shitty." Kankuro said back.