Chapter Nine

They got to the field a bit earlier and Kankuro paid for their tickets. There wasn't many people there so Kankuro went to the middle of the bleachers and sat down. Gaara sat right beside him as he looked around and rubbed his eyes. It smudged the liner a bit but he really didn't care. He messed with hands slightly and glanced at Kankuro. Why are we here early...? Then he looked at the field to see Kiba stretching. Oh that's why. Kankuro wanted to watch him stretch. Weirdo...he should just ask him out already. They are obviously into each other. He rolled his eyes a bit and more people started to come as it got closer to the game time. The team got changed out of their warmups and then shook hands with the other. It wasn't too long before the game started up.
        Of course Konoha was winning, Kiba was one of the best soccer players in the district. Gaara watched a bit and glanced away, not very interested. He didn't like all the excitement of this place—too many people. He notice there was someone at the football and track field away from the soccer area. He stood up and looked at Kankuro.

"I need to get some space. I'm going for a walk. I'll be back." Gaara said as he stood up.

"Okay, call me if you need anything." Kankuro nodded and went back to watching the game.

       Gaara nodded and started to walk over to the track, watching as someone ran. The closer he got the more he could recognize the green running blob. He looked around a bit to see no one else except for Lee. When the boy started to run Gaara snuck up into the bleachers and sat to watch. Lee had on a pair of green shorts and his matching jacket, tall orange socks and those normal navy blue sneakers. It was nothing out fo the ordinary. He had a stop watch in his hand as ran around the track. The redhead watched curious when he came to his starting point and stopped the watch, panting a little.

"Oh come on Lee, that's the best you can do? If I cannot beat this time then I'll do a hundred deep side lunges!" Lee hugged and rubbed at his left leg.

"It's possible you were slower because you were delayed on pressing your stop watch." Gaara said from the stands.

"Oh, you think?" He smiled as he looked at the watch before snapping his head up. "Gaara! What are you doing here?!"

"Well the soccer game was getting crowded and...I just wanted to be alone for s bit I guess." The other responded and watched how quick the older one hopped up the stairs.

"Alone? Yeah! Same here. I train a lot and no one trains after practice."

"You must be dedicated I guess."

"I am! I love to workout and practice. Train and get myself better!"

"Well you seem pretty good already. Your leg seem like it hurts through. He were favoring your right."

"You think so? Yeah probably."

Lee grins as he fixed his high socks and then messaged with his bandages. Gaara watched slowly, those light jade eyes staring as he fixed the bandages. Wonder how bad he looks under those? Wonder if he's really hurt...well I mean, it's not my fault. He's the one pushing himself with injuries. Gaara looked around the field slowly before setting his hand head in his hands and sighed. He rubbed his cheeks slightly and blinked tiredly. Lee looked over and stared a bit, pushing back his bangs slightly.

"Sooo what's with the tattoo?" Lee asked.

"What's with your scaring on your arm and leg?" Gaara asked back and glanced over.

"Hmph, well I suppose I could tell you! But I want to know about you to! I don't want this being a one sided conversation! I've been told I talk a lot and I'm quite loud and too enthusiastic so." He black haired one and started to unwrap his leg arm.

"I'm told I'm quiet, shy, weird, freakish, and emo so..." the other answered.

"I get called weird and freakish too. I guess we just look different, huh? Well don't let them get to you. This is a youthful time and we are to be happy!"

"You seem so optimistic..how?"

"Well...I dunno really. I just am. Anyways," Lee gets the bandage off and shows the redhead his arm. "There ya go. You wanted to see the scar."

"Wow...that looks like a rough surgery you went though. Is your leg like that too?" Gaara asked gently as he scoots close and looks.

"Yeah pretty much. I had my left arm and leg crush in a wreck. But I'm all good now! Lots of physical therapy and painful hours I'm all better!" He smiled brightly again.

"You don't seem it. You really favor your right leg when you run. Or maybe your just over working it..."

"I'll be fine. I gotta keep my youthful spirit up!"

"I guess..."

         Gaara shrugged a little and watched Lee wrap his arm right back up. Then Lee looks over at the younger one and pulled down his orange sock to show the large scar on his leg and all the other little scars around it. He tugged his sock right back up and sat back, reaching for his water bottle and takes a sip. He looked right back at the redhead and thinks.

"You're turn! Why did you get the tattoo?" Lee asked.

"I didn't mean too. Someone slipped something in my drink and I knocked out. Next thing I know I wake up with a tattoo and no eyebrows." Gaara sighed and rubbed at his forehead a bit.

"That's horrible. I mean it looks cool and it does mean love so I guess...but still. That is a terrible thing to do to someone." The older one protested.

"Yeah but it happens I guess. My fault for drinking a drink I put down. You don't do that at parties."

"Oh I don't drink at all. Last time I drank I wrecked a bunch of things and made a complete mess so I avoid alcohol. Plus it's is bad to drink for someone as young as us."

"You follow a lot of rules. Don't you?"

"The only rule I don't follow is not to come on the track after it's closed up."

"You're odd Lee."

"And so are you Gaara but, I think we will be friends."

"You do?"

"Mhm I strive to have everyone as a friend but...I think you and I will be close. We are like the perfect pair. The freak and the weirdo! The energetic and the downer! The bushy-brows and the no-brows! Opposites attract right?"

"But that's more for relationships Lee..."

"I know!"

        Lee gave a thumbs up and ran of back to the track. Gaara watch a little confused and blushed slightly at what he said. He shakes his head and got up and walks out of the bleachers. He watched Lee stretch before he quickly looked away and walked back to the soccer field. Did he just imply that we should be in a relationship together?