Chapter Ten

"Hey kiddo, where have you been? I've been looking. You said you'd be back." Kankuro said our quickly and bites his lip as he ran over to Gaara.

"I'm back, aren't I? I was just talking to someone. How did the game go?" Gaara asked back and sighed a bit.

"Went good, Konoha won again. No surprise." The brunette shrugged and grabbed his keys out.

"Did you talk to Kiba?" The younger asked and looked around to see the team still getting their things together.

"Why would I?"

"Because you like him. Go congratulate him on the win and then we can leave." He quickly ragged over and grabbed the keys.

"Ugh Fine!"

As Kankuro stopped off Gaara smiled slightly and slowly got into the car. He sat back a little in the seat before he watched outside of the window. He smiled at how nervous Kankuro seemed while talking to the smaller brunette. Then her turned around and saw Lee walking back from the track, having his bag in on hand and his water in the other. There's Lee again. He finally done practicing? Oh no, oh no he's waving at me. He sees me. Gaara shrank down a little bit and peeled out the window again to see Lee was running over. He blushed and then quickly rubbed his cheek, confused why he was blushing over the black haired boy. He closed his eyes and tried to relax briefly before Lee suddenly pressed against the window, his cheek squishing against the glass.

"Well Hello Gaara! I wanted to tell you something!" Lee said excitedly through the glass.

"Let me just roll down the window so you don't have to yell..." Gaara mumbled slowly and started to roll down the window.

"I wanted to apologize for what I said. You are very new to this school and I don't think it was very gentlemanly for me to imply something so flirty." He said as he looked down a little bit.

"Oh um...there's no need to apologize." The redhead blinked a bit in a confused way.

"Are you sure? I don't want to make you uncomfortable and make you want to not be my partner in physical ed."

"I wouldn't do that. You call what you did as inappropriate flirting?"

"Why yes, it wasn't right for me to say."

"I've had much worse things said to me than 'opposites attract' Lee."

"Oh...um..."

"Well you're forgiven if you really didn't do anything. I'll see you tomorrow my brother is coming over to drive me home. Bye Lee."

"Goodbye Gaara, have a great night. And thank you very much for forgiving me."

        Gaara furrowed his none existent brows as he watched Lee run off. Kankuro got in the car and motioned for his keys which Gaara gave right back. Lee is so odd. I have guys literally dug me up and he gets worried about saying so innocently as that?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        It was now Friday night and the last quarter of the football game. It was a close game which caused the fans to be insane. All the screaming and yelling—it made Gaara have a headache. He glanced over and saw Kankuro and Kiba were talking by the side of the bleachers. The redhead sighed and went over to the concession stand, waiting int the line a bit. He didn't like sports, they weren't his thing. Yeah he would admit, watching guys in the uniform was nice but most of those guys were straight and the others weren't into emo little freak kids. He sighed and waited there, looking at the ground, he felt someone touch his arm and low and behold it was the green blob.

"Gaara I am glad to see you at the game." Lee smiled a bit.

"You seem to follow me everywhere I go." Gaara said back and looked over.

"Can I join in your line? I really want a drink and some popcorn." He smiled and Gaara nodded slightly.

"So...there's a party after this. Are you going?" The younger one asked.

"Possibly. I'm not sure yet. Are you going?"

"I'm not really sure either. I might just ask my brother to take me home and he can go to the party."

"I could accompany you if you don't go. We could hang out at my house or yours."

          Gaara smiled a little at the suggestion but that was quick to change. He felt a just a big cup of soda splash onto his shirt and he crushed slightly, grumbling a little. Fucking shit. Goddammit. He groaned and looked up, looking at the two guys were laughing. He grabbed a napkin and started to pay for the soda, glancing over before he saw Lee grab of the boy's arms and twists it behind his back. Lee push him down a little, enough so that his foot could step against the other's back of the neck. The other one ran off and just left this one to take it.

"That wasn't very nice of you, I suggest you apologize." Lee said and twisted his arm more, hearing a few people gasp.

"Alright alright, I'm sorry!" He yelled a bit before struggling slight, "sorry that you two are ducking freaks."

"That is enough." He grabbed onto the teen's arms better and twisted them just so they felt close to breaking and he sighed.

"Sh-shit dude! Wait! I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said that. And I shouldn't have dumped that on you." He quickly gasped out and Lee pushed him down to the asphalt hard.

"Alright now leave."

        The teen quickly scrambled off the asphalt, brushing off his clothes and the scraps on his skin. Lee smiled as he watched and he shakes his head at the others that were watching, looking back at Gaara who was very surprised at what just happened. Lee grabbed some napkins and started to dab off Gaara's shirt as well. Once they got up he ordered what he wanted and so did Gaara, Lee paid for both which made the redhead feel a bit bad. After getting the food Lee walked them to the side, away from everyone and sighed.

"I'm sorry for what they did to you." Lee said gently and starts to take off the hoodie he wore.

"It's fine, not your fault." Gaara slightly slightly and watched.

"Here. You can change into my hoodie so you're not all sticky." He smiled and sat down on the ground, starting to eat his hotdog.

"Thank you." He mumbled back and takes off his shirt, patting himself and then slips on the hoodie.

"It's the least I could do."

"I don't think you're a weirdo Lee, I don't think you're a freak." The redhead said gently and starts to eat his soft pretzel.

"I don't think you're a freak and I don't think your emo either Gaara." He shrugged a little and sipped on the Gatorade he got. "You're much nicer to me than anyone else really, you don't call me a weird nickname and you deal with my positivity."

"Well because because because call me dumb names and complain about how negative I am."

"Well I think we just two kids that don't have anyone to understand them, huh?"

"I guess so..." Gaara smiled a little at the other and Lee smiled right back.