Chapter Three

At lunch Gaara went right to an open table and sat by himself. He grabbed out his lunch from his bag and sets it down on the table. He didn't really know he he had a lunch until a few periods ago so Kankuro must've snuck one into his bag. It was nice not being the one that always cooks and cleans around the house, having all responsibilities. He glanced around the lunchroom before Naruto came over and sat down beside Gaara. He grins a bit and sets his tray down. Kiba came over and sat beside Naruto, watching the two. Gaara opened his lunch and started to eat it up.

"Dude! You're food looks awesome! I wish I could cook!" Naruto grins.

"I actually didn't do this. It was my brother." Gaara said and offered some the the blonde.

"Sweet! I don't have any siblings so that kinda sucks." The blonde sighed.

Kankuro walks into the lunchroom and easily spotted that bright red hair. He goes over and sits on the other side of Gaara before looking at the other two. His eyes widen when he saw the other brunette and he then looked right back down to his lunch and started to eat. Gaara noticed that reaction and saw Kiba staring a bit at Kankuro, starting to piece things together. Oooh no wonder Kiba was interested in my brother. And by how he's acting he likes him too. He gave a small smile and puts some rice into his mouth. After he ate that he looked over at his brother.

"Naruto and Kiba invited us to come to a party after the football game." Gaara said softly to his brother.

"Yeah you guys should so come! It'll be awesome, believe it! Especially if we win!" Naruto grins brightly.

"Yeah, it's like sport recognition at the game too. They show they're top athletes and such. I'll be one of them!" Kiba grins.

"Really, you're soccer. Right? The only sophomore on the varsity team?" Kankuro asked.

"Y.yeah. Yeah actually. I didn't think a lot of people paid attention." He smiled slowly.

"Yeah. I'm not too big on sports but once in a while I'll go to games. You're pretty good."

"I'd like to go to one of the games maybe..." Gaara said softly.

"Yeah, I'll take you to a game. When's your next game?"

"Um...Thursday at 7-"

"Mine is Friday at 8! I'm on the football team!" Naruto buts in.

"Alright. I'll come to both then. And we'll talk about the coming to the party." Gaara said softly.

"Yeah, definitely." Kankuro nodded gently.

        They all ate their food and Gaara every once in a while would glance up at his brother. Then he looked around the lunchroom, blinking a few times as he did. At his old school he had to wear a uniform so seeing people stand out in the crowd was easier here because of how different everyone's style was. There was three girls sitting close together. The two he recognized from his first period class—pink haired and platinum blonde. Now there was another girl with like dark violet hair, soft eyes and some baggy clothes on. She looked all shy and she was every once in a while glance over at his table. He watched her eyes and followed them to Naruto. She must like him...wonder if he knows.

"You looking over there! Watch out, Sakura is gonna be my girlfriend by the end of football season, believe it!" Naruto grins.

"Which one his Sakura?" Gaara asked.

"Sakura Haruno, the pretty one with the pink hair." The blonde said back.

"Eh...I don't see it, but all means don't let the new kid's opinion change your mind."

"I've been telling him that, Gaara. Telling him Sakura is out of his league and honestly not worth it." Kiba added.

"Oh shut up, you haven't told me who you liked. She must not be good looking or nice if you're scared to tell me!" Naruto whined.

"Whatever." The younger brunette rolled his eyes.

"You like someone?" Kankuro asked and watch the other give a defensive blush.

The bell rang and Kiba quickly got up, throwing away the trash and then leaving quickly. Gaara got up slowly and made sure everything was thrown away as he looks at his schedule. Hmm...I have physical ed...that sounds horrible. Hopefully it's better than my other school. He watched Naruto wave and left the lunchroom. The redhead smiled as he watched and he walked to the the gymnasium, holding his schedule and his bag. I should tell Kankuro to ask out the boy, they obviously like each other. Then there's Naruto. He likes that pink haired girl but then that other shy girl likes Naruto. This seems like a big problem. I'm glad no one likes me and I like no one, it would be too much drama. Gaara smiled a bit as he walked into the gym and looked around. He saw this tall man in green zip up jacket with a white shirt under it, shirt green shorts to match, tall white socks and a pair of matching tennis shoes. He looked like such a encouraging positive man, it made Gaara feel tired. He turned to the redhead and those pretty turquoise eyes widened. Holy shit, his eyebrows are huge and his nose too...

"Hello! I'm Mr. Might but I'm the cool teacher so my students call me Gai!" The teacher grinned a bright smile.

"H.hello. I'm the transfer student, Gaara Sabaku.." the redhead nodded and held his bag close.

"Well since it's your first day here I can excuse the lack of proper dress! You'll sit out for today and I won't mark anything. But have the right stuff tomorrow! Now you can have a seat on the bleachers." He said and Gaara nodded.

Gaara walked over to the bleacher and walked up to the almost top before sitting. He sets his satchel on his lap and he looked around the gym. Oh man...I'm not sure if I can handle how energetic this teacher is. He's crazy. He sighed softly and played with his hair before he grabbed out a notebook and started to doodle little plants—the only thing he could really draw. He continued to draw and zone out everything around him, keeping pretty quiet; his thoughts seem to block out every nasty whisper of people looking at him like a freak until...

"Hello! You are the new student! My name is Rock Lee! Everyone calls me Lee! Mr. Gai pointed you out!" The teen grinned brightly, even brighter than the teacher.

Holy shit...