Chapter Eight

Gaara was completely winded half way through the class—bending over with his hands on his knees and huffing a bit. Lee grabbed his water bottle and came over, offering it to the redhead as he rubbed his back gently. He laughed a little as he watched Gaara just huff.

"Oh man, you don't run much do you? Do you play sports?" Lee smiled cutely and pushed his bangs back a little.

"If I was in a sport, would I be here? Nope." Gaara replied and sat on the gym floor, sipping off Lee's water bottle.

"I am. I'm in track and cross country. And I do side competitions for martial arts. Always training my body." He replied.

"I'm not.." he looks up slowly at Lee.

Not much later Gai told his students to go get dressed and that the bell would ring soon. Gaara got up and quickly walked off into the locker room, going to his bag and grabbing it to go get changed. A few of the guys gave him a weird look as he walked off to the private stalls. He took off his shorts and started to slip on his jeans before he went a bit quiet to listen. He shrunk a little when he heard few guys talking. "What is the emo kid doing? He's so weird. Almost as weird as bushy brows he's partnered with." And "well at least they're partners. I'd fucking hate to be with any of those weirdos." Plus... "That kid is probably in the stall because he's a cutter." All of those things Gaara heard made him shrink into himself even more, biting his lip and look down as he rubbed his sleeves again. I'm glad that they're at least saying it so can hear them...at least I know how they feel about me...
The bell rang and Gaara waited till heard no voices in the locker room to leave. He looked down and continued to walk out, holding his bag tightly, going right off to Mr. Hatake's class. Yet again, he was outside of the room and talking with Mr. Umino. He slowly ducked in and went to go sit by himself but noticed Naruto waving him over again. He slowly goes over and sits down, looking at the other three that were there too.

"Hey Gaara, you seem off. You good? You can talk to me, believe it!" Naruto looks at him a bit confused.

"Off? You've only know me for two days. How do you know I'm off?" Gaara asked back.

"You just seem down sweetie~" Ino smiled at him.

"You want some chips, food always makes me happy." Choji smiled.

"No thank you. I'm just getting used to the new school and all. I should be a lot happier. I met my sister lasted night after not seeing her for so longer." Gaara answered.

"Oh really? Awesome, did Shikamaru come with?" Naruto laughed and watched Shikamaru shrink into the chair.

"Shut up Naruto, I hate having to talk about that. It's a drag." Shikamaru groaned.

"Is it because you two aren't together anymore?" Gaara asked then watched everyone's mouth opened wide and their eyes go surprised.

"What?!" Naruto practically shouted.

"No way, dude you should've told me this. I'm your best friend." Choji added and shoved a handful of chips in his mouth.

"I totally knew it. Temari is like three years older than you. Girls don't like dating younger boys." Ino sighs.

Shikamaru sighed more as he listened to all of them. He rolled his eyes and stood up from his desk and walked out of the class to talk with Mr. Hatake. They watched he walked out and Gaara looked at the three that were there. They were all still looking a big shocked, even Ino would said she "knew it" but Gaara grabbed his notebook and started to doodle on it a bit. He looked down and listened as the teacher walked in, yelling at Naruto to sit in the seat right and then starting to teach. Gaara didn't mean anything bad by outing Shikamaru like that but it must've done something. It was at the end of the class when he came trolling back in, he looked the same but just smell like cigarettes.

"Shikamaru, you went and took a smoke break? You know how gross cigarettes are?!" Ino hissed at him as she fanned her face with her hand.

"So? Women are so troublesome." Shikamaru groaned and the bell rang.

"So you know why Temari broke up with him?" Naruto asked curiously as he they all started to leave.

"Not really but if I did I'm not exactly sure if I'd say it." Gaara replied.

At the end of the day Gaara waited out by Kankuro's car, looking down a bit. He felt extremely tired and just emotionally unavailable. Kankuro walked out and sighed when he saw Gaara, unlocking the car and looking around.

"What's wrong kid?" Kankuro asked.

"Just a tiring day I guess." Gaara sighed as he got into the car.

"Well, would you like to to still got to the soccer game tonight?" He asked as he got in and started up the car.

"I can still come. That's fine." He nodded back and sets his cheek in his head and watched out the window.

"Alright well, when we get home what about you get a nap and I'll wake you up when I'm about to leave, sound good?"

"Yeah, sounds fine."