Training

Kratos walked outside to see his wife Lysandra having some sort of heart to heart moment with Atreus. He stood at the doorway with his arms crossed. Seconds later he cleared his throat getting both of their attention.

"How long have you been there?" Atreus asks the tattooed man with Lysandra still standing behind him.

"Long enough to hear the tale of your beast form." Kratos replied to the twelve year-old boy, "Clearly you need training if you cannot control it."

"Are you suggesting that he takes the spartan agoge training?" Lysandra raised an eyebrow at her husband.

"Yes."

"Forgive me for speaking out of false turn but I don't think I would want that. I've already been through enough. The training would just bring back the memories of my... father. My only weapon that I'm skilled with is the bow." Atreus says as he looks down at the ground.

Kratos and Lysandra look at the boy, all boys that were born of Sparta need the agoge training to become strong warriors but Atreus was not a child who was born of Sparta. He was different than any other boy. He was abused and tormented by his father his whole life. He lost his family and his home.

"We have no choice boy, this is Spartan law. Everyone has a reason to defend themselves, or to take a life. The men that took your family away are dead now but you got both of them with only luck. If you fought them the way you are now, they would've killed you easily... What would happen if the Persian or Barbarian empire were to destroy Sparta and everyone who resides here, including Lysandra, Me, or Calliope? Would you kill a hundred men or a thousand?"

Atreus looks at his clenched fist and looks up at the Spartan parents, "I would kill them all."

"Then do it for all of Sparta. Fight for all its people, it's children, fight for your family."

Atreus smiles, "Yes, sir."

"Good then, I will talk to the king. To let him know of your presence."

Kratos got ready to head to the king Leonidas's palace with Lysandra, Calliope, and Atreus by his side. They stood in front of the Leonidas's throne breaking words about Atreus taking the agoge training.

"So you wish for this boy to take our training?" Leonidas said to Kratos and his family while he takes a bite out of an apple.

"Yes my king." Lysandra spoke to her king.

"I wouldn't see an issue with that. I'll allow it. For now Atreus will remain with me and no harm will come to the boy. In the afternoon he will be with the rest of the children taking the agoge training."

"Thank you, my king." Calliope replies with a smile as bright as the sun itself.

Afternoon outside of the training grounds in Sparta with Atreus and five more other children the same age as him who wore only red cloaks known asPhoinikis and sandals, while most of their parents began to watch seeing how the training was going to go down as Lysandra, Kratos, and Calliope joined to witness the training. All six of them still in a horizontal line with Atreus on the far right side. Atreus still wore his fleece pants, gambeson skirt, and boots. The scars showing on his body got everyone's attention as well as his pale skin but on the other hand he noticed that a few girls were staring at him, seeing how strong and fit he was.