Chapter 34 - Yeonjun

"Three days 'til debut."

The reality of TXT's debut is coming fast, and twenty-four hours in a day seems far from enough. When they aren't rehearsing at the Blaisdell or adding the final ad-libs onto their tracks, the team heads to a nearby studio for CROWN's music video shooting. In addition, they record vlogs that will be showcased on the day their album releases. Cameramen rush to and from Camp Heartbroken to record the boys in their final moments of preparation. When viewing the album art, they try to hide their emotions but end up crying against each other's shoulders. As they listen to the finalized version of all five songs, the music room is filled with a respectful quiet. But afterwards, they can't stop chattering about how good they sound together—how they didn't need to worry about having more takes.

But Yeonjun can't shake the weight off his chest. Three days until debut, and Taylor still hasn't contacted them in the least, not even a text message to wish them good luck. He has to do something. And it starts by waking up his team at sunrise, two days before their music video and album is released to the world. He blasts an upbeat track from J-Cole and rounds up the members by shaking them and dragging them downstairs with a steady stream of assurances.

If Taylor's helped them to make their dreams come true, the least they could do is give something back. Yes, the time may be tight, but returning the favor should be a priority.

And since they've learned to make music, they should give her a song.

Yeonjun shows a proud grin upon revealing that DJ Gee is also up early, already fiddling with the mixer. His face is impassive as ever, although the darkness of his under eyes makes him look slightly more annoyed than usual.

"Here's my idea," Yeonjun says, hoping the words will come to him like a masterful freestyle rap. "Taylor has given us so much. She's really helped us in every way, and even though she's not here we shouldn't be mad. Our camp still ran successfully.

"But!" He pauses to point at the recording booth, set up with a music stand and all. "We haven't listened to her greatest advice. When we face a problem, we should use it as inspiration to write and sing. Why don't we write and record something for Taylor? If we can encourage her, maybe it can be through music."

To Yeonjun's delight, he isn't met with any disagreement. The team launches themselves into brainstorming lyrics and melodies, bouncing their ideas of DJ Gee, who either approves or disagrees with two tones of grunts.

They come up with a concept completely different from their first five songs. The track is supported by dreamy synths, violins and the simplest push of chords from a piano. The sound hovers between R&B and a pop ballad, complete with a slower rap from Yeonjun in the second verse.

The lyrics are entirely personal.

I lost a part of my family, and still I healed

You taught me everything I know about putting the past behind me

I'm free when I walk into the light

The shining brightness of my team.

Yeonjun writes quicker than he ever has before, and he feels as though that portion of his mind is healed—the one that can string together creative bars and punchlines.

I lost my mind in the most literal way

My horns told me I'd be forever lost in rainy days

You became like a sister and brought together brothers

And as I write this track I recall our star. Dream Chapter.

DJ Gee hardly asks them to redo any takes. Every verse comes out close to perfect, hitting the right notes with the stressors landing in the right places. The room turns into a sanctuary, where every recording is sacred. Even though there are no cameramen to record these moments, Yeonjun captures them in his mind and promises himself that he'll never forget them. Even if he suffers from memory loss again, this day will return to him. The importance is that visceral.

"What's the title?" DJ Gee asks them, when he finally releases his hands from the mixers. They've been in the studio for close to three hours, and the sweat on their backs is the product of the hardest work they've done yet.

Yeonjun doesn't hesitate. He believes his members are having the same thought.

"Taylor," he says. "The track is called Taylor."

A/N: I'm a little sad. The boys—at least in Camp Heartbroken—will be saying their goodbyes soon. What was your favorite moment so far? I love you all :).