Chapter 40 - Beomgyu

"You've given us not just a place to stay

But a thousand reasons to dream beyond

The troubles of today"

Beomgyu finishes the ending line of "Taylor," the final song for TOMORROW X TOGETHER's Seoul performance. At the end, more eyes in the arena are teary than not. Beomgyu feels himself getting there too, having to clench his eyelids shut before the entire dam to his emotions breaks.

Fifteen thousand fans came for Taylor, but they sang along to every TXT song. They danced and jumped and responded to the calls to action from every boy. Beomgyu prepares himself to speak the final words before ending his first performance in Taylor's worldwide tour.

His breath catches in his throat. He doesn't normally get nervous from crowds, but fifteen thousand is a different story. It's enough to compose a small city, and one wrong word can cause ripples of hatred to be sent his way. He should be careful not to make a mistake.

Beomgyu chooses to rely on his team. He steps in the center and looks left and right, to the huffing yet smiling boys. He sees in them a strength that he admires, persistence that he'll continue to grow within himself. He takes a silent breath before speaking to the home of his parents.

"Seoul, we love you!" he shouts out. "Enjoy the rest of your night. Taylor is sure to give an amazing performance.

"As for us, we'll keep working harder. Our dreams don't stop here. We'll make more music that will touch your hearts and give you energy for your days. Saranghaeyo!"

Soobin steps in with the official closing statement. "One. Dream! It was TOMORROW X—"

"TOGETHER!" The team shouts in unison.

*

At the Han River, Beomgyu leads the group around the water's edge. Seoul's skyline sets the sky in a brilliant glow, and the stretch of water gives him ability to think of the future's endless possibilities.

Before he loses the moment, he turns around and says it. "I really love you guys."

Soobin blushes and covers his face. "Stop! We can't do this just when the tour is beginning."

"Yes we can!" Huening Kai says. He pokes each member in the belly and follows it with an "I love you."

"How about a selfie?" Taehyun says. "To remember our start to this adventure."

After the photo is taken, Yeonjun points to Beomgyu with a slight squint. "Do you remember when we were arguing on our very first day?"

Beomgyu nods, hiding his mouth to cover his grin.

"You know, we were really rude to each other." Yeonjun frowns, but his eyes are alight, almost singing. "Let's race to that lamp post and back. Whoever loses has to state that he lost the first argument to all fans who ask about that day."

Beomgyu nods before Yeonjun even finishes the conditions. "Don't expect yourself to win. Have you forgotten about my thighs?"

With a countdown from ten from Kai, Soobin and Taehyun, Beomgyu gets into a racing position and eyes Yeonjun with a wicked grin. He's confident he'll win. He feels the sweetness of victory in his gut.

"Go!"

As the wind passes through Beomgyu's hair and the pavement pounds against the soles of his sneakers, there's nothing on his mind but the other members and Taylor. They've made him whole again. No....

It was he who had to choose to be healed. He's just glad he got the chance to choose alongside these four starlit dreamers.

A/N: I can't believe CAMP HEARTBROKEN is finished. I'd like to thank every single person who has read, commented, or voted. Saranghaeyo! I can't say that my heart is fully healed yet, but I hope to follow in the footsteps of the boys in this story. Make sure to take care of yourself, love yourself, and have faith in the people who love you. I will see you in the next story.