Chapter 36 - Soobin

After Blue Orangeade finishes, with his back on the floor and the crowd splitting his eardrums, Soobin tries not to clear his throat by coughing. It's a bad habit of his, although he knows that will damage his vocal chords. He'll need them in full strength for the next song. Our Summer, despite not having choreography, is one of TXT's more challenging songs to sing.

"This song is about always having someone with you," Soobin starts, "And that person always makes you feel like you're in the middle of summer. No matter where you are, or what season it is, this person always brightens your day."

As the first chorus hits, Soobin allows himself to appreciate the entire audience. They wave their hands as if being drawn by heavy drafts going back and forth. His eyes water when a huge part of the middle section holds up a collection of posters. They read TOMORROW X TOGETHER in blue and yellow letters. Singing a song that's both gentle and lively, Soobin is soothed from head to toe. He feels at peace even with the absence of Jay.

Jay would've came and sat in the front row. He would've cheered at every note and added to the celebration of the stadium with all of his might. Just by being present, he always gave Soobin energy to fight to show the best side of himself. As the bridge comes, Soobin looks to the ceiling and imagines that his brother's soul lies somewhere between the rafters, watching.

When he looks down, he notices a new person in the front row. The seat between DJ Gee and Mike Kuang was previously empty, but now there's a woman dressed in a brown coat, hiding her face with huge sunglasses. But when she smiles, Soobin almost gasps in the middle of his falsetto. He can recognize Taylor anywhere—she has he same effect as Jay, brightening the room she's in.
Soobin struggles to hold in his excitement as they go onto the next song—Nap of a star.

Attempting to reel in his emotion, Soobin addresses the crowd while trying to look anywhere but where Taylor sits. "This next one is really special to us," he says. "We wrote it after one of our long days of practice. We all just... dwelt on what it feels like to truly miss someone. All of those memories can be overwhelming at times. It can take over who you are."

Someone from the crowd shouts his name, and he responds with nervous laughter, which brings out even more clamor in the arena. "Thank you. But, yeah, Nap of a star makes you remember the past, both the brightest times and bittersweet moments. But it also offers hope for what lies ahead. We'd love for all of you to get out your phone's flashlights."

"Let's get it bright in here!" Yeonjun yells, while thousands of newborn stars are born indoors.

Soobin holds in his tears. While he sings, he lets the lyrics roll over his mind like gentle waves, comforting him in his wishes to see his brother again. At the same time, he glances at Taylor once more and realizes what he's gained over the past months. His team members, an opportunity to grow his talent, loving fans.

And a sister.

"The moments that felt like magic and brilliant night sky

They're on my mind"

At the end of the ballad, a moment of silence hovers like a butterfly's fallen wing. Then, the shouting becomes louder than it's ever been. Soobin refuses the urge to cover his ears. He let's the ache of his eardrums tie him to the realness of the moment.

When he looks toward Taylor, her sunglasses are off. Her smile is quivering slightly, and her eyes are wet. A single tear falls from her eye, but she brushes it off as quickly as it came. Then she joins in. Somehow, Soobin can hear her yelling, even through the eight thousand who are already making the symphony of their lives. He glances at his team members and makes a subtle gesture to the front row.

As his members' eyes fall on the one who trained them and offered them the start of their journey, Soobin has to hold in laughter at the double takes. They have to hide their shocked expressions before the fans become suspicious.

But Soobin isn't shocked. Deep in his chest, he knew Taylor would return. Now, they have one last song to showcase for their first audience. It will be an explosion of energy, a memorable cluster of dance and hype.

Soobin knows they'll perform seamlessly. With a nod toward Yeonjun, he lets the older boy introduce the finale to their first ever concert.

A/N: This is quite a surprise even to me. But I took a few days off as I've traveled to South Korea to attend a few classes for a month. I visited Seoul and now I'm in Busan for a few days. I also took a break because my heartbreak is very intense for some reason, but I managed to finish this chapter. It feels like magic to finish this book while in TXT's home country. For you all, keep fighting and make sure to take breaks for your mental health when needed! 

 For you all, keep fighting and make sure to take breaks for your mental health when needed! 

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.