Chapter 39 - Yeonjun

Namsam Seoul Tower was a place Yeonjun only saw in postcards, given to him by old relatives that didn't move to Hawaii. To him, it represented unattainability. How could he ever hope to visit when he doesn't have the money, being just a wannabe rapper in high school?

Now, after taking a cable car ride across a mountain, he stands at the Tower's base and looks up at the glass observatory deck. He closes his eyes and savors every sensation, from the cool wind whipping across his jumper to the others wandering around. He opens his eyes and finds happiness in the many love locks attached to benches and fences. There's one among them that spells TOMORROW X TOGETHER, written in Beomgyu's neatest script.

"Wahh!" Yeonjun suddenly shouts. He jumps as if he could touch the top of the Tower, and allows himself a smile that's far from bashful.

He's making new memories with every passing day. Every sight and sound, every minute spent with his teammates, they bring him peace of mind and allow him to see the world in full color again.

"Time to go all the way up," says Beomgyu, pointing to the base's entrance.

Yeonjun follows his teammates. "I can't believe we're going to perform tonight," he says. "In front of fifteen thousand people."

"I couldn't sleep last night," says Taehyun. "But I still feel wide awake."

"Make sure to drink an Americano," Yeonjun says. "We have to make the energy last until evening."

On the way up, Soobin and Huening Kai start a war of rubbing each other's bellies. Yeonjun and the other two cheer them on until everyone is a laughing mess. They arrive to the observation deck with hurting cheeks and enough happiness to giggle for hours.

But upon seeing the view, Yeonjun's breath is taken away. He can peer in every direction around Seoul, toward the mountainsides and faraway cities. Today, the sky is clear and the amalgam of buildings look clear—their outlines cut in precise strokes. TXT begins to wander in a clockwise direction, and Yeonjun's mind begins to think, an ability that's coming with more ease.

In every direction that he peers, he's following the paths of billions of people on this earth. Each person has their own set of memories, those that make them want to laugh or cry or sing. They each value their specific moments. The moments that make them the happiest.

Yeonjun has his own. He's thought they all lay in childhood, but now he knows he has many more to make. With his team members beside him, he can travel the world and create moments of love with performance. After all, being on stage is something he has never forgotten about loving.

"Team leader!" he calls out. "What do you want us to focus on tonight?"

Soobin looks over his shoulder, without any judgement or pity whatsoever. "We'll talk about it all backstage. For now, let's just enjoy the view."

A/N: Yeonjunieee!!! One more chapter left to Camp Heartbroken. Thank you for reading, and fighting! 

 Thank you for reading, and fighting!