Chapter 38 - Taehyun

Taehyun could've guessed what kind of flyers his team members are. But he takes it all in anyway—the other four experiencing the start of a nine hour flight to Seoul.

Beomgyu is the most animated, waving his hand and making noises of approval as the plane begins its takeoff. He looks at total peace while the wings begin to cut through the upper atmosphere, sharing a glance of excitement with Taehyun. Yeonjun listens to his playlist while the flight begins, beginning to pop his limbs to match the beat, as he always does. Soobin is fast asleep after a big meal at the airport Burger King, his mouth slightly parted as if satisfied from good food. Huening Kai is the only one who's a bit anxious. He has a slight unease on his lips during the first part of the journey, and Taehyun guesses that it's a result of never being on such a long flight before. In addition, Sesame is being taken care of his family instead of the arms that raised him.

Taehyun knows them all so well. It's only been two months, but he's already ready to give the best portion of his life to being artists with them. TOMORROW X TOGETHER.... Seeing their official name on signs in the Blaisdell Arena made everything seem so much more real. He wishes the memory of their first performance could stretch a little longer, but moving on to an even bigger stage is an amazing second option.

Seoul.

When the word was given to them, Taehyun's mind fractured to let in rays of blinding sunlight. It's the city his parents were from, before moving away to settle down in the islands due to their love of surfing.

By being here, he'll be a bit closer to them. But as if a sea has parted, for the first time that won't be his only concern. His love of performing and music has given him new purpose. When he looked out toward his fans, he felt like they were lifting him with their enthusiasm toward heaven. He could see the sky in purest blue.

Nine hours later, Taehyun emerges into Incheon International Airport. His hands are quivering on his suitcase, but the energy stems far from nervousness. "I can't believe that we're here," he says. "It feels like my heart has wings."

"Ever the poet," says Beomgyu, smiling.

Taehyun wonders whether Beomgyu remembers the morning where he encouraged him over his heartbreak, which rose up like cracks underneath his skin. That vulnerable moment tied them together. Speaking in that hopeful way helped not just Beomgyu—it also gave Taehyun a sense he could still be a good friend despite losing the heart of his support circle.

"Woah!" Huening Kai jumps up even though he's in the middle of the escalator. Halfway through the flight, he turned into the same ball of energy that he tends to be. He watched movies and even convinced Taehyun to share a second bowl of ramen with him.

Taehyun turns his attention to the site of Kai's excitement. By the main entrance, hundreds of fans line up and are pushed backward by a group of guards. They wave signs made in the same style of their album art, and they chant in Korean. Taehyun isn't the best with the language, but he knows the word for love and can guess a bit of what they're saying.

Although this isn't planned in Taylor's itinerary, they take a long while to speak with the crowd and sign autographs of the album. So many CD cases are held up, and Taehyun's overwhelmed by the fact that people overseas are getting their hands on music that TXT poured their entire beings into.

TOMORROW X TOGETHER moves as a group at first, and since Taehyun is the only one to know a bit of Korean, he attempts to translate for the group. He relays messages of love and appreciation—words of Kai's cuteness, Soobin's puffy cheeks, Yeonjun's swag. Beomgyu seems to understand the language even without speaking a word, jumping up and down to match the fans' excitement.

"Saranghae!" Taehyun yells out when they have to leave. The other four follow suit with their own voices.

Getting into a short bus driven by Taylor's bodyguard, Taehyun's heart won't stop beating in an erratic rhythm. He'll never forget that in his entire life.

Strangers knowing his name and face, seeing into his heart through the art he's given, being so loving that it hurts.

He releases a sigh, letting the warmth of his breath calm his nerves.

A/N: Saranghae! Thank you for reading. We have a few chapters left, and you're amazing for sticking around until the end.