9

I hear my phone go off at 5am, and I curse under my breath.  I feel like I have been hit by a bus.  If I had it my way, I would sleep for the next month!  But, parenting is not for the faint of heart.  And I don't want Kate to wake up in a strange house before me.

Dragging myself out of bed, I stumble into the shower because frankly I can smell everything now.  And I don't smell like a bed of roses.  Ew.  I'm still not totally aware of my surroundings, but I have a vague feeling I am in a really nice house in a nice bathroom.   While shampooing my hair, I dwell on the past twenty four hours for a moment.  Thats some PTSD shit right there.  Flip.  I almost died.  I am only alive, because (now I haven't quite wrapped my head around this, but lets go with the flow together shall we?) some werewolf mojo magic Issac performed brought me back from the brink of death, and now my body shifts into a wolf, and there is a wolfs conscious residing in my head.

"Yes I am.  I want to see Kate.  Hurry up."

Wait, How do YOU know Kate?

"I am you remember? An extension of you.  Think of me, as all your natural animal instincts and strength, but with a personality."

Do you realise this is weird?  And that we are having a conversation is weirder?

"If you dwell on it, you will make yourself crazy.  Roll with the punches.  The world isn't stopping for us to have a pity party you know."

My wolf is right.  Thats a sentence I never thought I would need before.  I need to gain my bearings, and figure things out.  Once everything is in order maybe I will take a moment to dwell and evaluate.  Now is not the time.

Feeling rejuvenated, I hop into the form fitting workout clothes that were leant to me, and dart out of the room in search of Kate.

"Oomph"

I squeal as I collide with... Yup.  I slammed into Issac.  Again.  Its like the depth perception field is faulty around this guy!

"Going somewhere?"   Ooooh. Grumpy Bear is baaaack. He literally is oozing a black cloud of irritation and do not approach vibes.  Nevermind.  Lets quickly overlook it.  Maybe feeding the bear may ease up his morning grumpiness. I place my hand on his forearm, and smile at him.  Kill em with kindness. 

"Thats handy your awake.  If you have a moment, could you show me where the kitchen is after I get Kate? Coffee and breakfast sounds lush right about now."

He raises an eyebrow at me in surprise. Then his eyes soften looking at me, and he gives me a small smirk. He steps forward looking down at me, his arm brushing against mine, making things warm inside me.

"That outfit fits you very well, little fox.    Ok. Follow me."

Well that was...  Hot and inappropriate.  Its too early in the morning for this!  Following him, and frankly, enjoying the view of him in his work out clothes, I can still feels a few tingles on my arm where he touched me.  I roll my eyes at myself.   Now who's being inappropriate.  

Easing into Kates room, I see she's still asleep, but stirring.  Excellent.  My guilt meter is way up.  I didn't want her waking up in a strange house, after a strange day.  Also, I have no idea what I am going to be telling her moving forward.  But keeping the routine sounds good about now.  Wake up, breakfast, get ready.  School.

"Hey munchkin.  Sleep well?"

She's tall and lanky for a six year old.  Fiery red hair, that sticks out in every direction in the morning.  Excellent.  Those long curls are going to be fun brushing out.  With her skin tinted olive, she has an oval face, with big blue eyes, with a gold ring in the middle. She has her Dads straight nose, and my high cheek bones.  She kinda won the gene pool lottery this one.