36

Hey guys - I am guilty of this as well.  You are so engrossed in a story and want to jump to the next chapter you don't vote.  But - From my end, when I see someone vote, it motivates me to write a new chapter because it tells me you are liking the book.  No comments and not votes makes it hard to gage if you all are liking this or not. Let me know!

Two days have passed and I have heard nothing.  Remus won't let me leave.  Lucian is being dominant and arrogant as ever that I have been avoiding him at all costs.  Must to my wolfs disapproval.  So, I have confounded myself to the library and my room.  Im not even allowed access to the internet or phones.  Jerks.   They tell me I am here for my safety.  But after Lucians talk of me giving him power.  I feel like a captive they intend to use.

I groan to myself as I gaze over the balcony to the woods. A few times I have tried releasing my power over everyone, trying to make them submit so I can run.  That backfired so quickly.   It doesn't affect Lucian at all.  So each time I have attempted to run the ass has caught me.  And since I have done this, the vampire guards have volunteered to follow me.  Something about wanting to protect me, and the love of not having a blood lust.  So.  Im stuck.  And anxious.   

I have heard nothing, and I am loosing sleep over my pack, my family and friends.  While lost in my thoughts and worry I hear a hurried knock on my door.  Before I can answer, Remus breezes in striding toward me with purpose.

"I have some good news my little one."

My heartbeat picks up.  Ive only been waiting to hear about my pack.  I hold my breath waiting for him to go on.

"We have found Issac and Kate.  They had relocated the pack after word got out of the attacks.  No one in your pack was harmed.  He won't release Kate, but he has agreed to come here.  He should be here in the next hour."

My heart jumps for joy.  I jump up hugging Remus I am so happy Kate is okay.  His body stiffens clearly surprised by my reaction.  But then I feel him relax and hug me back.

"I told you little one.  I am looking out for you.  He will be here soon, and we can discuss things going forward.   Have you spoken to Lucian?"

I huff at his comment. "No, after the last time he captured me dragging me back here, I have no interest in talking to that brute."

He chuckles at my tantrum. "Roxy.  He is your mate.  You won't be able to resist it for much longer.  The longer you resist, the stronger the lust will become, and you risk your wolves taking over.  Why don't you give him a chance?"

"Are you kidding me? The jerk wants me for the power I will give him and nothing more.  That is not someone I choose to even go on a dinner date with."

"Thats not true.  I have known him a long time.  We have been through a lot together.  If you give him a chance, you might be surprised.  The moon goddess would not have paired you up by chance.  Finding a mate these days is rare, and a gift.  Don't hurt yourself by not exploring this."

"Dude, you know how weird it is, you being my captor giving me relationship advice?"

"Protector Roxy.  Not captor."

"Semantics.  Its how you look at it.  Most protectors don't knock out their person and whisk them away."

"Well, if you had used your words and not your fists it may have been a smoother transition."