12

Authors Note:  Well this is pretty cool.  Because you are reading this!  Now I noticed that I have readers, I feel a little bashful, but also, excited.  It's like a motivation to keep writing.  Thank you for making it this far.  I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am enjoying writing it.  I am trying to release a chapter each day, but a heads up.  I am a wedding photographer, and will be working from dawn until dusk tomorrow.  But I will try to make up for it on Sunday and Monday. Much love x

I am laying in bed with Kate.  I love our bedtime routine, and this here is the best part of my whole day, because I know soon she won't need it anymore which makes my chest sore.  She's fallen asleep, clinging my arm to her like a teddy bear, and looking so peaceful and beautiful that I can hardly believe sometimes that I helped create her.  Truly, being privileged to create another being is a miracle in itself.  

My mind wonders then after thinking of a miracle.  Because.  I am a werewolf.  That in itself seems like one too.  My new world is speeding forward and I am having to grab on to keep up.

After Issacs warriors arrived to escort the rouge wolves to the holding cells, Issac took me to his office to give me what I can only describe as the fast food version of what just happened and what I am.

Because of what I am, he wants me to help him with some pack business if I so choose. It turns out, there have been more than a few attacks by Rouges here in the UK.  But what has become even more alarming and caught the attention of some packs in France and Prague is that animal attacks have been on the rise.  More and more reports of humans being attacked by large dogs, which are never captured.  Something doesn't feel right to Issac, and he is becoming worried that a storm is coming.

And why does he want me involved with pack business? I reflect on that word.  

Peacekeeper

A Peacekeeper is rare, and one hasn't been discovered for centuries.  If I have this right.  Because remember.  Fast food version of information.  I am at the top of the hierarchy of packs.  But separate?  I have the strength of an Alpha.  And the need to take care of wolves like an alpha.  But I don't have any desire for violence at all, nor desire to lead.  My desires are to nurture? An alphas command won't work on me as I am practically their equal.  And I have powers?  Although he was a little vague on that, and he was called away for something or other before I could pester him about that.

Looking down at Kate, frankly its like he is describing all Mothers.  To me, the bottom line of it is I am a mother to my pack I think.  My wolf has been quite ever since the attack.  Although I did hear a faint wolf chuckle when I jabbed at Issac saying that Peacekeeper is just a fancy term for Momma Wolf.  But, I am not totally resisting this information.  I felt that power when we were attacked.  And my whole life, it has been in my nature to take care of everyone around me before taking care of myself.  I always make time for others, and hell its become an inside joke around the house how I am always listening to others, or mediating mild disagreements.

I ease myself out of Kates room and make my way down to mine.  Over the past few weeks I have had time to appreciate my surroundings unlike when I arrived.   The house was built by Issacs wolves.  It has more of an American modern feel to it than an English country feel.   But, a house made of wood is more practical, as wolves can cause a lot of damage.  And it's easier to fix.