15

"Before we dance, may I know the name of my dance partner?"

"Roxy, and yours?"

"Marcus.  I'm just going to go make a request with the band.  The music here is rather dull don't you think?"

He winks at me and walks over to the band.  I hug my arms to myself, looking around the room.  I know I am a wolf.  But, being surrounded by so many new faces, I feel so out of place.  I wonder where Andrew and Issac have wondered off to?

"Shall we?"

Marcus takes my hand and leads us into a latin feel dance.  Suddenly, I am incredibly grateful that my roommate at university made us take various different dancing classes.  We did three classes of each type to get a taste.  Ballet, hip hop, ball room, salsa.  You name it she found it.  Quite the adventurous one she was.   I am able to read his cues, as he whisks me around the dance floor.  Many others have joined in, smiling and having a fun time.  I feel my shoulders relax, and I am actually enjoying myself.  Marcus is an excellent dancer.

As the song ends, Marcus ends the dance dipping me.  I gaze into his stunning eyes, the ice blue reminding me of glaciers I would see on the discovery channel.  They are glowing, which I have never seen before.

As he uprights me with a smile, I get ballsy and ask.

"Marcus, how come your eyes glow?  I have never seen that before."

His expression is of shock and suspicion.  Oh flip.  Maybe he didn't know they do that?  Or did I just break some goddamn wolf social rule I didn't know about.  Excellent.  Foot in mouth.  

In a very low tone, guiding us to the side of the room, he questions me with... Its not menacing.  But he's not happy.

"You can see them glow?  How very interesting...    Tell me Roxy, what color do you see?"

Uhhh has he never looked in a mirror before when this happens? What an odd question.

"You have looked in a mirror before right?  They are ice blue like a glacier.  A remarkable colour I have never seen before.  Very unique, and attractive I should say.  I bet you get loads of comments on it."

He raises one eye brow at me, looking at me as if I am some new species he has never encountered before.  

"How unusual.  Which pack were you raised in Roxy?"

"Oh, no I wasnt raised in a pack. I was raised as a human.  I was one until about two months ago.  Its been quite the learning experience this transition."

"You've been turned?  Hmmm... That's almost unheard of and incredibly rare.  You are truly a remarkable woman."

Marcus takes my hand gently, and places a lingering kiss on my knuckles while looking in my eyes.  He rubs his thumb over my hand in almost a caressing way.

I blush.  Marcus is taking quite an interest in me.  Though I find him beautiful, and his words make me feel good about myself because who doesn't like a compliment.  I oddly find myself wondering where Issac is.  Throughout the dance, whenever Marcus bought our bodies closer than needed, or if his hands brushed my knuckles, I felt... nothing, but my mind would immediately wander to Issac.  I don't know if its the wine talking, but I miss his company.

"Roxy, how do you feel?"

"Oh I am good.  Thank you for the dance and conversation.  It has brightened the evening up, and I feel a lot better among these new people."

I hear him mutter under his breath "This is most irregular."

"Roxy, I am delighted I could help.  Please, you must excuse me, I have some business that needs attending.  I do hope I will cross paths with you again."