23

It's been three weeks now since all that drama. Things for me have been relatively quiet and for that I have been thankful.   Issac has been working closely with Marcus, Damian and some council members.   He was furious when he found out what the vampires had planned.  But what had gotten under his skin more, is that this was the first he had heard of the vampires intentions.

No one has any idea why, but the vampires appeal for werewolves assistance has never actually been presented at the summit.  No one has heard of it.  Which means someone has been trying to sabotage the vampires or the werewolves.  Regardless, Issac is worried about the future and implications of not cooperating with each other.  So he has been preparing with his legal team, and best enforcers coming up with strategies. 

I've not been involved because, why would I?  I have no experience in any of this.  Andrew has kept me very informed of all the ongoings despite my protests.  But he seems to think I have a bigger role than I think in it all.  So, I gave up, and let him do his thing each morning during breakfast.  Kate showing more interest in the discussions than anyone and even asked some interesting questions.  Amazing how a child can view things from a totally different angle.

She's actually been fantastic and adapted to everything very well.  Initially when I got back, she slept in my bed for a few nights to reassure herself I was back.  But Sandra has stepped in like the Aunt she never had, and really helped establish a safe place for Kate.  It really does feel like a family here and I could not be happier for that change in particular; having been robbed of it at every turning point in my life so far.

Speaking of Sandra, she's just left my room after a long interrogation about Issac and me, and giving me the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen to pack. She definitely is trying to encourage something more to happen, despite my protests. She hints that he's softer around me, and that I can get away with a lot of boundary pushing that's she's not witnessed before.  Personally I think no one has been brave enough.  Yes, we had quite an intense and delicious moment at the launch party.  And there is a lot of chemistry between us.  But.  I am so used to being on my own, parenting on my own, and relying on no one, that I just feel resistant to persue anything with anyone.  No matter how much his presence makes my body hum in delight.

Closing my suitcase, I sigh at the journey ahead. I may not be involved in the plans, but I am still going to this summit.  As a peacekeeper, my presence will be wanted throughout the proceedings. I have been training, and reading as much as I can on the topic.  Not much is in Issacs library, but there may be more where we are going.  This year it's being held in Ramstein, Germany.  Alpha Anton has one of the most extensive libraries in Europe on wolf history, and is one of the elders in the council being over 400 years old.  So this will be a great opportunity to learn more about myself.

I lug my bags down to the front of the house, then go seek out Kate to say goodbye.  She's super excited because her school has a few trips planned this week, so she's barley commented on me leaving.  I think I have more anxiety about it than anyone.  After I say a chaste goodbye, because apparently the hide and seek game was way more interesting, I go to wait outside for the rest to join me.

Closing my eyes, I relish in the cool breeze caressing my skin.  The smell of earth and rain filling my senses, and a feeling of peace and calm engulfs me.  I am nervous about the journey ahead, and what will unravel. 

"You ready to meet all the big bad wolves then foxy?"

I roll my eyes at Andrew.  "Hey, as long as no-one tries to bite me, I call that a win."

"Mmmm... I think if you ask nicely, maybe one of them would be more than happy to try... bite you."

I bat his arm.  What is it with him and Sandra dropping hints all over the place?  Since I got back Issac, though spent a lot of time supervising my training aspect, he's spent no time alone with me or even hinted at what happened between us at the launch party.  Frankly, as much as he occupies my thoughts, keeping an emotional distance has been relatively easy due to the lack of proximity and well.  He's shown no interest and is distant in that regard.