30

It's been four long days.  Having learned many things about wolves, one thing for sure I now know is that politics is definitely not my thing. Even though I have tried to stay alert, I can't help but zone in and out. That is unless the topic is discussing safety of others.  Everything has been mostly amicable, so I have not needed to intervene.  Although thanks to my wolf's earlier stunt, there have been some whispers of a Peacekeeper existing.  Thankfully,  Anton hasn't outed me and my initial wariness of him has calmed down.  He seems to genuinely want the best for his wolves, and I don't see him being power hungry.  Maybe Marcus has misjudged him because of his previous experience?

Marcus has been a lovely friend to me.  He seemed a bit sheepish when we talked about him being an Elder and on the council.  I guess he doesn't like the spotlight.  Frankly, he is really modest and makes me think he would like nothing better than to build up his hamlet again and live in peace within a community of his own.  Gentle soul for someone so old and powerful.  He's been careful about how he interacts with me around Issac, and has shown respect for whatever it is that's developing between us.   The bond clearly hasn't clouded his judgment with possessiveness.

Speaking of Issac.  I think my wolf is smitten.  Although, I am a little apprehensive because it seems to have progressed so fast.  He's slept in my room every night so far, but has kept his word and hasn't tried anything unless I start it.  It's oddly intimate sleeping next to him. Yes there is some intense chemistry between us.  But this intimacy has thrown me.  He seems to spend his time with me not just to satisfy his (and mine) needs.  He's with me also for comfort and companionship.  It's becoming harder to be away from him, and that dependency has me nervous. Because, when we get back.  I don't want Kate misunderstanding anything.   Neither do I.

I'm sitting in the library, while lost in my thoughts about Issac and I, when an overwhelming sense of dread washes over me making me hitch my breath.  Before I can dwell on it, Marcus comes bursting into the room at lightning speed.

"You need to leave.  Right now."

He grabs hold of my arm and starts forcing me toward the doors.  "Issac, I need your help.  I'm by the library.  Quick."

"What the hell Marcus, you need to tell me what's going on."

His whole body is tense ready to fight. Looking around the corners, he pulls me toward the kitchens and practically growls out his answer to me. "Remus is here."

Okay, and why does that mean I have to leave?  Spinning me around, he grips my arms, forcing me to look into his eyes and pay attention.

"Do you remember when we first met, and I explained there was a vampire who collected rare things be it property or people?"

Oh shit.  The hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and my stomach churns.  "He's here?  Why?"

Right then Issac comes sprinting down the corridor. Seeing Marcus gripping me so intently, I think he gets the wrong idea, and lets out a bone chilling growl.  His Alpha power radiates around the room, making my skin crawl with pins and needles.

"No no, Issac, its not what you think."

Issac snarls at us, his eyes swirling with green and black. "Marcus.  Let. Her. Go."

While Marcus does let me go, he still positions himself slightly between Issac and I.  "Remus is here.  Someone must have leaked a Peacekeeper exists.  He would never bother himself with our politics and causes.  She's in danger, I can't, I won't let him find her."

Well flip.  That's unsettling.  Remus must be pretty unstable for an individual for people to react like this just by his arrival. 

Issac takes in a sharp breath, and goes pale, though his eyes show his wolf is close to the edge. "Remus? Are you sure?  Surly he can't harm her here."