19

I have been awake for an hour and still no sign of anyone.  I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

When I initially woke up, I totally freaked out.  My hands and feet were bound, and I was on a kingsized bed in what looks like a hotel room?   It's night outside, and it looks like I am in a city?  If I was to have a guess, I would say London (this is purely based on the black cabs.  I don't remember seeing those in Manchester, Brighton or Birmingham the only other cities I have been to.  So I am sticking with my London theory.)    

I am in a high-rise building which I am thinking is for apartments or a hotel.  I couldn't get out of the bindings, so I just hopped around the room once I got to the point of needing the bathroom.  Everything is in gold tones, with midnight blues.  Decent size bathroom with black tiles and marble.   Floor is grey.  TV, Wardrobe, Desk.  Couch.  Bed.   Everything seems normal.    What is not normal.   Me.  Sitting here on the couch (now why would I go lay back down on a strange bed?).  I am still tied up.  And I totally remember being kidnapped.

By a vampire.   Marcus.   I totally panicked when I recalled the events leading up to this.  But, eventually you chill out when nothing, absolutely nothing happens for a good hour.  

Which is why I had a bored expression and not at all surprised when Marcus enters the room.

"Excellent.  You're awake.  Hungry?  I can grab you something.  It has been almost ten hours."

I raise my eyebrow at him.  Ten hours?  Well no wonder I felt rested. I think the last time I slept that long through was before Kate was born.  God, Kate.  I know she's in good hands, and among a wolf family.  But still, I don't feel good about leaving her for any extended period of time.  What will they tell her?

I watch as he takes off his shoes and jacket placing them in the wardrobe, and walking over to the bathroom and started brushing his teeth as if this whole situation was the most normal thing in the world.  I am just biding my time.  He will eventually come out and talk.  And low and behold I was right.   He is still dressed in the suit he wore to the event, though the tie is missing, and the sleeves rolled up.  Watching him walk across the room he looks troubled running his hands through his hair.  What do I care?  His troubles are not my concern.  He took me against my will after all.

Giving me some space he goes and sits on the edge of his bed facing me.

"I am betting you have questions.  And I will give you answers...  This will be hard to believe, but try to keep in mind.  I am not the bad guy here.  I am just doing the best I can with the information I have at hand."

"And that warrants kidnapping?"

He chuckles at this shaking his head.

"No.  But, after that stunt you pulled, I knew that you would be targeted if the council found out."

"Targeted?  For stopping people from fighting?  Your higher ups sound like monsters."

"No. Not monsters.  Well maybe in your eyes.  But, there is a bigger picture going on.  And you would have stopped the process.  And they would have killed you.   I didn't want that for you."

"Oh how kind of you for kidnapping me to save me."

He hums at me and narrows his eyes.

"Attitude won't help you right now.  I am not the bad guy."

"You have given me no information at all to explain this situation or yourself.  So forgive me if I see you as what you have portrayed yourself to be.  A kidnapper, who encourages violence among wolves."