25

I roll over in Issacs hotel bed and smile.  I can safely say I am toe curling satisfied.  Looking over at Issac, glistening in sweat, he looks smug and relaxed.

"I told you we would be good together."

I hum at him.  Oh he is smug that's for sure.  But, I like him.  Actually, its the first time my wolf has been... relaxed?  She's happy and feeling good.   Either he is good for us, or we just needed a good tumble in the sheets.   Though tumbling around with my alpha doesn't sound like the smartest idea in the world.   Oh look at me over thinking everything already.  I roll my eyes at myself.

"Okay, well dinner is soon.  I better go to my room to get ready."

Quick as lightning his hand grabs mine pulling me to fall on top of him.  Randy wolf.

"Stay with me tonight."

He looks so serious, and vulnerable.  Huh.  Didn't see that one coming.  Why does that make me a little... apprehensive? 

"Will you let me sleep?"

This gets me a deep chuckle.  And that lights me up from the inside making me happy.  "Honestly my little fox, I don't know if I will ever in a lifetime get enough of you, but yes, tonight I promise unless you beg, I will let you sleep."

That works for me.  I look down at him, stroking his hair and I feel oddly content.  Oh I am leaving myself all sorts of open to being hurt right now against my better judgment.  But I can't live my life in a hole.  

After dinner, meeting a bunch of people who I just can't remember any of their names, I choose to wander around looking for the library.  Issac was caught up with alpha talk.   He narrowed his eyes at me as I left, but I just couldn't sit through another talk about land when I know there's answers waiting for me somewhere in this castle.

And that is exactly what I am wandering around in.   Alpha Anton has his pack house in a Castle.  In the human world he comes from a line of Lords or something along those lines.   But the castle was passed down through generations.  And they maintained its beauty.   I take my time looking at the artwork, the intricate designs in the ceilings, and amazing silk tapestries.  Its like staying in a museum.  

"Now what is a beautiful wolf like you doing alone in a castle like this?"

Holy crap on a cracker!  Where did he come from?  Looking at the guy who came up from behind me I am taken aback.  He looks Turkish?  6"3, almost black hair in a surfer styled cut.  Styled stubble, piercing blue eyes.  Striking is the best description of this tailored exotic man.  

My wolf snubs her nose up at him.  Haha, she's a bit smitten with Issac I think. 

"I was looking for the library.  I'd like to do some research there."

"The library?  Most of the mates have headed down to the spa."

Mates? 

"Ok sorry, when someone says mates, are they meaning husband or wife?  No one has explained that to me just yet."

He looks taken aback and tilts his head assessing me. It goes on a moment longer than comfortable, and now we are entering the creepy zone. "Where do you come from? That was a very unusual question."

I roll my eyes. Wow, they really don't turn wolves very often do they?  "Answer my question first, and I'll answer yours?"  I give him a wink to try lighten it up.  He has such a serious aura about him.  Ha, I was right on the money because that earned me a smile in his eyes.  Slight, but the twinkle is there.  

"Mates are similar to marriage in the human world.  But, far more permanent and intimate.  After you choose and mark each other, you are connected on a mental and spiritual level.  You can feel everything the other feels.  But you also gain strength from them.  You heal faster, and the few who do have powers share them, and they increase.  You cannot break the bond, and straying from your mate is hard, unlikely and forbidden."