[ 1 ]

[ Roman's POV]

"Roman! Time to wake up!"

A chirpy voice broke Roman from his sleep, and sunlight invaded his warm, dark haven of blankets. His mum's light footsteps pattered towards his bed, and he felt a kiss on his forehead, and then he promptly fell back asleep.

"ROMAN WAKE UP!"

Startled, Roman leapt out of bed and stumbled over to his messy desk. He squinted at the clock and quickly realised he was 10 minutes late for school. Cursing, Roman wriggled into his readily laid out outfit that he picked out yesterday, wanting to make a good impression. A pair of cuffed grey skinny jeans, a Calvin Klein t-shirt and red Nike air-force ones. It was trendy, comfortable and gave the perfect effect. He grabbed his empty bag and ran downstairs. He slid into the kitchen and stubbed his toe on a chair, prompting a bout of swearing and hissing, picked up his lunch box and raced out the door.

"Come on come on please let the bus be late please let the bus be late," Roman pleaded as he sprinted down the lumpy pavement and dodged around squealing primary school children. He skidded around a corner like the cartoon characters he was so fond of and fell through the doors of the almost departed school bus.

"Roman! You made it!"
He smiled at the chipper voice of his best friend Patton. He plopped down next to his blonde-haired friend, ignoring the jeers and mutters from the "Dark Sides" that sat at the back like wannabe road men. Except, since they joined high school, they were no longer wannabes and were actual troublemakers. Remus was the main coke supplier of the area, which is why people nicknamed him "The Duke." He was cackling like an idiot and making stupid dirty jokes, causing Lance to chuckle. Lance was a lazy, gluttonous slob who had bright orange hair and never did his school work. Next to him, sat Dee, the king of the school, a lier, a manipulator and a posh brat that could get anything he wanted. And finally, leaning as far away from the other three as he possibly could, sat a sulky, moody looking teen, Roman's rival since childhood. No one knew his real name, but everyone called him Anxiety, due to his ability to scare anyone anytime he wanted to. Roman shivered as he surveyed this worrisome group. He was very glad he had such wholesome friends like Patton and Logan. He pulled out his phone and his extremely tangled headphones and started watching the dog video Patton had sent to him.

—————————

"What lesson do we have after lunch, Logan?" Roman asked his tall friend as he rummaged around his locker for his history homework that he forgot to hand in.
"Geography, followed by Art," Logan replied, without even checking his schedule.
"Geography?! Ughhh. Mr Smith is the wooorst." Roman whined as he slammed his locker close.
"I have to admit, Mr Smith is not an exemplary teacher. He is unpunctual, tardy and doesn't seem to know the material he supposedly 'teaches'" Logan agreed, adjusting his glasses. The two teenagers entered the courtyard where some pupils ate lunch and bagsied a bench near the edge. Logan had school lunches so he left to go to the cafeteria. Before he left, he muttered "I recommend cautiousness. Dee and his entourage of incompetent fools have arrived." Roman nodded and prepared himself for an eventful lunchtime.

————

Thank you for reading!