[ 5 ]

[ Roman's POV ]

"As he tried to shake the image of Anxiety's warm brown eyes from his head."

Roman checked the time on his phone as he walked through the school gates. As usual, he was 30 minutes early, but he never minded because during this brief period of time when no one was around, he would explore the school. He would check the notice boards and pick up love messages scribbled on pieces of paper and sometimes even check the CCTV footage in the Function Room in the basement. Roman always liked to know what was going on in the school, what had happened, what will happen. That's just how he liked it.

The cold October winds pinched his face and Roman shivered into his red Champion hoodie. He reluctantly removed his glove as he neared the school building, so he could enter the code into the strangely high tech key pad. The door made it's normal clicking sound and Roman opened it, walking into the deserted corridor. Discarded books and papers were scattered across the floor, and the overhead lights flickered rather ominously. Suddenly, Roman felt very alone.

BANG!

Roman's heart leapt and he whipped around, before realising it was just the door closing behind him. He let out a deep sigh, trying to steady his breathing. He turned back around, but before he could carry one walking a voice whispered in his ear-
"Boo."
Roman screeched like a five year old. He span around, his skin crawling and leaping like he had been hit by lightning. And the smirking face of Anxiety glared back at him.
"HOLY WALT DISNEY YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!" Roman yelled, clutching his heart, making sure it was still beating.
"Yeah, I could tell by your girly scream." Anxiety replied, trying to stifle a laugh. "What are you doing here anyway?"

Roman huffed as he tried to regain his composure. "I always arrive early to school. I like to walk around while the place is empty and see the remains of what happened the day before."
Anxiety raised an eyebrow, prompting Roman to explain further. Roman showed him a note that he had found on the floor. "This is a note I found next to Dylan's locker, and but it's addressed to Dan and signed by Phil. Which I'm guessing means that Dylan found about his boyfriend's crush on poor Lester..." Roman started to walk forward. "...which probably prompted him to pick a fight with him here," he pointed to the area outside Room 21, "which I can tell from everyone's instagrams stories, the askew water fountain and the dent in the wall," Anxiety opened his mouth to speak but Roman wasn't finished yet. "The fight got out of hand and Phil bumped into the fire alarm, causing the sprinklers to go off," Roman gestured to the puddles on the floor as they walked down the corridor. "Which caused Jake to slip over and spill paint on himself, as you can see the blue stains on the floor and his geography exercise book next to it. I would guess he thinks no one saw, but actually there's a CCTV camera which would've captured it perfectly." Roman began walking down the steps to the Function Room. "So now I'm going to download the footage of Dylan and Phil's fight to give to the headmistress since Phil took all the blame when it was really Dylan who started it. I'll give the credit of 'snitching' to the janitor." Roman strolled towards the door to the small room. "And I'm also going to save Jake's hilarious accident because I can use it as blackmail." Roman reached for the door handle. "Oh, and did I mention I wasn't at school yesterday?"
Anxiety looked mildly impressed. "Not bad, not bad,"
Roman smiled in appreciation and opened the door, to find a lone figure sitting on the chair in the Function Room. "You are aware that students being here is prohibited before school hours?"

——————

Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote, that would be great!