[ 12 ]

"And Roman?"
"Yes, sir?"
"Try your best."
Roman turned back and smiled.
"I will!"

Roman's POV

Roman walked down the school hallways, trying to calm his nerves. As he neared the sports hall, he felt his insides turn to mush. "Here goes nothing, I suppose," Roman muttered, pushing open the door.

He was greeted by a wall of noise: Year 7s screaming and running around, Year 8s sneering at the Year 7s, Year 9s bantering back and forth, Year 10s having their own episode of love island, Year 11s disdainfully watching them, and Sixth Formers messing around. Roman tugged his collar and began to search for his friends.

After a while of awkwardly scanning the crowd, he saw Patton and Logan near the stage. "Hey guys! Sorry to interrupt your flirting," Roman yelled, barging into their conversation. The two teens immediately turned red. "That's not what it was!!" Patton screeched, waving his hands around his face. Logan just coughed vigorously into his fist. "Chill guys, I was just joking!" Roman laughed. If possible, the other two turned an even brighter red. "Oh yes of course, haha," Patton chuckled nervously. Before Roman could quip in reply, a voice boomed through the speakers.

"Attention students! Mr Calazans here. Blimey, this thing is loud isn't it? *coughs* Anyway, after much debate with the other drama teachers, we've decided to do a kind of elimination audition, with 3 rounds, people getting eliminated each round, until we have the cast. I know it's rather dramatic *awkward laughter* excuse the pun, haha. Oh yes sorry, what was I saying? Oh yeah, there's just a lot of you, and we need to get our cast as soon as possible to get started with the play. So yeah. Um. Oh right! First round is just some basic script reading. You'll form groups and perform a scene, playing the character you want to audition for. You'll be performing in front of the other pupils auditioning, to kind of see how you react to a large audience? Also we'll be testing how quickly and accurately you can remember lines. And how you interact with others on stage. About half of you will be eliminated in this round. Sorry about that. There's always next year."
And on that sorry note, his voice crackled away and went silent.

There was a moment of quiet, and then the crowd erupted into shouts of excitement and surprise, and everyone rushed towards the left side of the hall where a teacher was handing out scripts. Roman began to be swept away into the crowd.
"Ahh! Patton, Logan! Help!"
Patton reached out a hand, but he couldn't grab onto Roman. "Nooo! Romaaaaan! Logan do something!"
Logan mockingly scowled. "Muahaha! He shall be taken away by the crowd, never to be seen again!"
Patton collapsed into giggles, and Roman couldn't help but chuckle as he got buffeted towards the table. The stink of B.O mixed with cheap Tesco body spray made him choke. Would it kill you to shower once in a while? He buried his nose in the crook of his elbow. Just as he was about to break through the throng of sweaty teens, he felt a hand brush his butt. "WHAT THE FrIcKity FrAck?!!" He squealed. Roman span around to see the blushing face of Virgil. "Oh crap, I'm so so so sorry," the purple teen gasped. Roman had never seen Anxiety so flustered.
"It's fine," Roman grumbled, glad it wasn't some pervy Year 8. Soon enough, Roman felt a piece of paper shoved into his hands, and he was swept away into a less busy area of the hall. He was planning on partnering up with Logan and Patton, but they had been pinched by some self important Year 12s. His other kind of friends had been persuaded by a group of sassy Year 8s, so Roman was by himself. "Crap," Roman hissed, scanning the hall to see if there was anyone he could join.

"Hey! Ur! Hi!" A voice piped. Roman turned around to see a group of shy little Year 7s. The adorable, unsure, soft kind. Basically, the only ones that everyone didn't hate "So! Um... do you want to be in our group?! We need a Thomas because none of us want to be him!" The girl squeaked. She had hair tied into little poofy bunches, and was absolutely adorable. "Sure," Roman grinned. They needed a Thomas. How perfect.

————

"Hey Patton! Good luck out there!" Roman hissed to his friend. Patton smiled in response; he was trying out for the part of Morality. He and the rest of his group walked out onto the stage. Roman watched the audition with nervous eyes. He so so wanted Patton to do well. After they had finished, a Year 13 Stage Manager waved at Roman and his troupe of 12 year olds to enter the stage. The stage lights flared down on his face, so brightly he couldn't even see the audience. He supposed that was for the better.
"Hey guys! What are your names and years?" Mr Calazans voice boomed from the hazy glowing mist that was the audience.
"Tillie! Year 7!"
"My name's Olivia! I'm also in Year 7!"
"I'm Roman, year 10."
"Tessa! Year 7."
"I'm Emilia and I'm in year 7."
"Um,,, Emma? And I'm in Year 7?"

"Ok guys, of you go!"

(A/N)

I'm writing a tododeku villain fan fic! And some bakudeku fluff! Maybe check it out?

Also I have an Instagram arlothesquish, a twitter whyredsky and a tumblr arlo-the-squish if you were wondering! Thanks for reading :D