[ 25 ]

SPOILERS FOR MOST RECENT SANDERS SIDES VIDEO- "PUTTING OTHERS FIRST"

i will be referring to Deceit now as Janus from this point on, so if you see the character of Dee now being called something else that it why!!

"roman closed his eyes and folded his hands in his lap. this was a mystery he was determined to solve."

patton's pov

patton knew he wasn't good at a lot of things.

he did not write poetry so heart-wrenching in english class that his words made it onto the school website like virgil. he did not land the main role in the school play every year like roman, nor did he ace exams and get academic awards like logan. even janus could speak three languages with almost fluency and remus was horrifying talented at the violin. patton was no artist, he was no scholar (cue hamilton reference) and he certainly wasn't good with technology either. however, one thing was for certain.

patton was an amazing friend.

nearly everyone in the school was his friend (he hoped!) and patton knew when it came down to it, he had a heart of gold and was as trustworthy as they come. he was very well versed in the goings on of the school, as well, since the multiple clubs he was in charge of allowed him to converse regularly with every social group he could think of. and that is precisely why he wasn't at all surprised when roman asked for his help.

"patton! hey patton! i need your help with something!" the brunette cawed as he dodged passed a janitor cleaning away syrup.
"sure roman, what do you need?" patton beamed. the whole red-syrup-and-creepy-post-it-notes incident had really messed up his perpetual good mood, not dissimilar to whenever he sees a spider. in other words, he really needed an excuse to help out his friends- it always cheered him up! :)

"you're friends with everyone, right?" roman asked, though it wasn't really a question.
"i'd like to think so!" patton replied.
"well, i'm gonna need your assistance in my investigation."
"what do you mean by that?"
"virgil and i are planning on breaking into mr calazan's office to steal the sign up sheet for the chess club," roman said matter-of-factly as they reached their lockers. "and once we get it, i need you to introduce me to them. and also the year 9 rock band, but i seriously, seriously doubt that they were behind this."
roman and patton turned around to observe the lead singer dragging the seemingly unconscious guitarist down the corridor.
"yep, you're probably right on that one!" patton chirped. "but what're you gonna do with the information? the notes have stopped, right? how are you going to tell who the culprit is?"

"now this is where it gets confusing!" roman grinned. "i'm going to make the assumption that there are two culprits, since the notes showed two visibly different handwritings. they both have access to school early in the morning, since the notes always appeared after the end of school and well before school begins. i'm not going to rule out the idea that the these two main culprits might of had a bit of help, though. but for the moment, i'm going to snoop around until i find the person who's handwriting matches the post-it's. i heard that the teachers tried, but then stopped after investigating the year 7s because they got bored.

"however, they of course don't know that the two suspects must be in chess club, or the year 9 band. hey... wait a second! now that i think about it, the crew and cast for the school play are allowed in school before normal, aren't they? UGH! this makes everything ten times more difficult!"
a very roman expression passed over his face, like he was deciding whether he should throw a tantrum, start belting out a sad musical tune or do both. fortunately for patton, he must've decided to do neither, because he carried on speaking again. "i do have the cast and crew list on my script, though. it shouldn't be too difficult to find out who did this."
roman scrunched up his face in a way that greatly reminded patton of someone, whoever that someone was he couldn't quite remember. then away roman strolled, probably to find virgil and start formulating a plan.