[ 2 ]

[Roman's POV]

"...and he prepared himself for an eventful lunchtime..."

The squad sat down on the table about 6 metres away from Roman, far enough away for Roman not to feel threatened, but close enough to hear their conversations. He leaned forwards slightly, trying to catch Dee's murmurings to the rest of the group.

"Someone has to do it!" Dee hissed, uncharacteristically stressed. He gestured angrily to a colourful piece of paper on the table; it was a poster of some sort.
"Well not me," Lance said with a yawn. "I'm not an actor,"
"Yes you are!" Dee growled. "We all are and you know it!"
Lance shrugged and carried on eating his burrito.
"Come on, Remus! You love acting! It's your strong suit!" Dee said, but Remus just cackled and shoved something that looked suspiciously like deodorant in his mouth.
"Anxiety?" Dee said finally, turning towards his hooded friend. Anxiety looked up from his iPod and removed one of his earplugs. "It's your idea. If you're so desperate to get revenge, why don't you do it?"
Dee's expression suddenly turned venomous, and he leant forward to mutter something in Anxiety's ear. A flash of fear passed over the hooded individual's face, but it was so quick Roman thought he had imagined it. But whatever Dee said certainly had its desired effect, as Anxiety sighed heavily and picked up the poster from the table. "Fine. But don't think for a moment that I did it for you," he scrunched the poster up into a ball and threw it behind them. Dee smiled that despicable, sly smile. "Of course. And nice hair, by the way. It totally doesn't make you look like a 12 year old wannabe emo."
"Nice hat. The 1940s called, and they want their outfit back."
Dee tipped said hat at the purple haired teen and slinked off into the main building.

Anxiety scowled and turned around so that he was facing Roman's table, so Roman quickly ducked his head and pretended to have been concentrating on his cheese sandwich. Revenge, huh? On who? And what was on that poster? Roman spotted the scrunched up ball underneath a bench on the opposite side of the courtyard. He could retrieve that later and see what the Dark Sides were up to. Roman was so deep in thought, he didn't even notice his three best friends loudly sitting down in front of him. Patton and Logan were in a heated argument about puppies, and Remy was taking aesthetic pictures of his lunch.
"POODLES ARE THE CUTEST!"
"I agree that poodles display traits that imply good companionship, but clearly the Labrador is the ideal breed; they are steadfast, intelligent and loyal."
"BUT POODLES!"
"Shhh guys, I need to quickly vlog. I've been too busy to film all week!" Remy interrupted, pulling out his vlog camera from his bag. Logan and Patton instantly fell silent and Roman turned his attention back to the Dark Sides, who were getting up and leaving the courtyard. Seeing this as ample opportunity to see what was on that poster, Roman stood up and scooted over to where the balled up piece of paper sat. He unraveled it, and his eyes widened as he read what Anxiety would be taking part in.

————

Thanks for reading!