Chapter 1: Be My Guest

Aaron Walsh is a young man making a living from his father's auto repair company. Aaron has no specific profession, but he is always looking after the business. He is involved in business meetings and corporate paperwork, rather than manual labor. He is focused, he is sharp, and he is driven. This company, Walsh International, was known as "Walsh's Autobody" when Aaron's father was still alive. Upon Gregory Walsh's death, Aaron took over and immediately began to make deals and expand the business. His success managed to bring the company nationwide, and now they are in talks with other companies to make a move that may bring the company worldwide. For a 26-year-old, Aaron is doing very well.

The primary focus of Aaron's life, however, is not his career or the family business. The reason he works so hard and is so dedicated to create success, is a woman named Samantha Lawrence. Samantha is 24 years old and has known Aaron for most of her life. Aaron has had a crush on her since grade school. She, however, has never looked at him that way. He is determined to become a financial success because he believes that he already has everything that Samantha needs and deserves from a man, but he would like to be "the total package" before declaring his undying love to her. Little does he know that Samantha has no interest in money whatsoever... Or in him.

Samantha Lawrence is currently attending college, and this is her last year. She is at school during the weekdays and comes home to her mother from Friday to Sunday. During those weekends that she is in town, Aaron makes every effort to see her, to hang out with her, and occasionally to bring her gifts. Sometimes he gets to see her, sometimes he doesn't, but he isn't bothered by the unabailability, or so it seems. Last weekend, for instance, he invited her to an art gallery and she was too busy to go. Aaron went by himself and bought a portrait, brought it back to Samantha's mother's house and gave it to them as a gift. The gift was well received by Samantha.

This weekend, Walsh International is holding a special dinner event. Dealers and stock holders from accross the country will meet at the Grand Hotel for a cocktail party with live music. Aaron, of course, calls Samantha's mother's house. The phone rings twice and is answered just as the third ring begins.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Mrs. Lawrence, how are you?"

"Oh hi, Aaron! Ugh for the last time don't call me 'Mrs. Lawrence' it makes me feel old."

"Hehe sorry, Bethany. I'll try."

"Let's go with just 'Beth' how's that? Hehe! So what's going on?"

"Oh actually, my dad's, uh, I mean MY company? Is holding our big meet & greet gala tomorrow. I was calling to see if you can relay the message to Sam... You know because she is studying business so... This may be a good... A good way to meet other people who do business, stuff, and other..."

"Oh networking, okay."

"Networking, yes, I will just go ahead and add her to the guest list, all she has to do is show up. It'll be at the Grand Hotel tomorrow at 6PM. You know what, I'll put her down as 'Samantha Lawrence Plus One' just in case you decide to come too."

"Sounds great, Aaron! Thank you for the invite, she'll be thrilled!"

"My pleasure, Mrs. Law-- er... Beth! I hope to see you there."

"Sure thing Aaron. See you then."

"Alright, good bye... Beth."

"Bye, Aaron."

That was a typical conversation for Aaron and Bethany. Awkward and nervous, but he would always call just before her daughter arrived, and extend some form of invitation simply for a chance to see Samantha. Bethany was no fool, she knew Aaron had a crush on her daughter before Aaron himself knew. She is unfortunately unaware of just how strong Aaron's feelings have become.

---------------

Author's Note**

I am very open to any questions anyone may want answered in future chapters, or anything that you would like me to explain or go into more detail as well. Please don't forget to vote and fan me if you like my work :) Thank You so much for letting me share this with you. -GB