Chapter 29: Aftermath (Epilogue)

It has been a couple of years since the incidents that brought Aaron and Samantha together took place.

In Aaron's basement, Samantha sits on a couch watching television. Her face shows no emotion. The lights are off and the sounds of a horror movie coming from the television are all that can be heard. A few seconds later, Aaron comes in and sits next to her with a bowl of popcorn. She looks at him and smiles as she positions herself into his embrace.

"Oh, before I forget, Aaron... I'm gonna need you to go to the pharmacy again."

"Sam, there is no way you're already out of pads... I got about a thousand just last month, in bulk..."

"That's just it... I haven't used them..."

"Then why do you need more?"

"I didn't say I needed more... I said you should go to the drug store."

"For what?"

"I think I may be pregnant."

Aaron chokes on his popcorn and starts coughing heavily. She looks at him with a smile as she shakes her head.

"Relax, Aaron! I said I "think" sheesh!"

Later that evening, Aaron is sitting on the couch. He is nervously tapping his feet with patience. Samantha comes out of the bathroom, and shows Aaron the results of the pregnancy test.

"You're gonna be a dad."

Aaron picks her up and spins her around with joy. The two celebrate among themselves and their happiness is abstractly accented by their strange delirium.

Over the course of the next few years, their crimes have become somewhat of an urban legend that very few talk about any more. The case itself has become one of Thurston County's many unsolved mysteries, effectively causing more people to lose trust in the justice system.

In a school yard, a class of first-graders plays tag and they run around joyfully. Suddenly a teacher is forced to step into the crowd and separate a little boy and girl who are actually fist fighting.

"Hey! Hey, Aiden! Rebecca! Stop it you two! Stop!"

The two children are separated and taken into the principal's office. The principal is reprimanding them with the telephone in his hand.

"You two are too young to get ito these kinds of scuffles, what's gotten into you? I'm calling both of your parents right now. I've never seen six year olds fight like this... Why were you two even fighting anyway?"

The young boy looks up at the principal and his lips tremble before he stutters to start speaking. He doesn't finish a word but runs his hand down his face while exhaling.

The little girl steps forward with a smirk on her face, she looks at the crying boy and then at the principal.

"My name is Rebecca Walsh. Aiden Drummond and I love each other, Principal Beckett. I told him I loved him but he wouldn't say it back. So I punched him in the face. And I told him, that I know he loves me, so until he admits it, I wont stop punching him... Can I go home now?"

The principal shakes his head with disappointment but his facial expression also shows that he is mildly disturbed by the way this little girl just expresses herself... This Can't Be Love.

------------------------------

*Author's Note*

There Will be a part 2 and a part 3 to this book. There will also be a "part 0" which is kind of a prequel. I am also thinking about side stories possibly involving minor characters and such but I am not sure. Please tell me what you think! And let me know what you hated the most about the way this ended :) Vote if you like it! Part 2 will be coming in January :-) Thank you so much for reading!