Part 4

He beat my ass good. It's been two days since then and he leaves tonight. Brian had came back an hour after he finished and had asked where I was and he told him I was sleeping because I was getting sicker. Truth was he had bust my lip, given me a black eye and my body was covered in bruises and welts. After he got tired of punching the shit out of me he had taken his charger cord and went to town. After he was done he picked me up bathed me and whispered the sweetest shit in my ear like he didn't just bring the devil out. He knows that Brian is going to see me once he leaves cause Brian leaves tomorrow morning for the event at which point I'll leave too just not to the same place I'm not sure who he is getting to help frame this murder but I hope it works. At this point it's either me or Gerald but we can't both survive this. I think I deserve to be the one to tell the story and walk away on top. I was on the bed curled up in a ball with only underwear on, the cover and clothes rubbing against my cuts would make it more painful.
I heard footsteps coming and I stayed were I was, truth is I was in too much pain and every slight movement made me want to cry. I knew that Gerald wasn't here he had left a little while ago for a final fitting and to pick up his tux if it didn't need any work. So the fact that my door was opening should have scared me but I was in too much pain. So I laid there with my eyes closed, curled up in a ball mumbling to my self.
"Melo..... what the fuck happened? Did he....can you.." Brian keep trying to ask me questions but I think he was in such shock he couldn't get it out. Brian had never seen me like this and sadly this wasn't the worst of my beatings. Suddenly his face was in front of mine and he looked so sad. Despite the pain I reached my hand out and caressed his face.
" I'll be alright, he didn't break me. Just just get out before he sees you I'm going to soak and I'll be ok." I could tell he wanted to abort the plan and take me now. Maybe even kill Gerald for himself. Before he could protest I reached my hand out. "I'm going to get him back, for now stick to the plan." He gave an unsure nod then walked out like I had asked. I slowly got up and made my way into the bathroom, filling the tub with hot water and epsom salt I got in. After five minutes I felt my joints start to loosen. Leaning back I started to dose off when Gerald walked in. He looked at me and walked my way but I didn't move. Slowly he started to bathe me then he picked me up and put some clothes on me after drying me off. He felt guilty, he usually did and before I would comfort him but I couldn't bring myself to do that this time. He had brought over a bag with food and I rolled over I knew if I would have tried eating something that heavy I would have thrown up. Gerald let out a big sigh. "Mel, I love you and I'm getting ready to head out but I'll be back in a few days. I expect you to have eaten by then." With that he walked in the closet and grabbed his bag then left. I was hungry but I couldn't stomach what he gave me I wait 20 minutes till after his car left to go down. I fixed a bowl of strawberries and bananas and headed back up to my room. Grabbing my grandmothers necklace that Gerald didn't know about I put it on. This is the only thing I'm taking and I want to make sure I don't forget it. Finishing my fruit I laid down and went to bed tomorrow my happiness begins.