4: Media

"You're one of All Might's students, right?"

The reporter moved her microphone closer to my face, and I instinctively took a step back. She seemed eager, shuffling forward to fill the gap I'd created. The media had been swarming outside the school for a few days now, but this was the first time they'd attempted to talk to me. Most other days, they flinched back at my glare. This reporter seemed braver than the others.

"How is All Might adjusting to teaching? What do you think of him?"

"I hate him," I replied curtly.

Almost instantaneously I found myself surrounded by ten more reporters as they all pushed microphones at me. Multiple cameras were pointed in my direction and a growl rumbled from the bottom of my throat. Not wanting to deal with their bullshit, I turned and began to walk away.

One reporter made the mistake of grabbing my wrist. On instinct, I snatched their wrist with both of my hands and adjusted my positioning, throwing the individual over my shoulder. The girl cried out in pain when her back hit the ground, and the rest of the reporters quickly shuffled away from me.

"What the hell, kid?" one of the cameramen yelled at me.

"Maybe you shouldn't have grabbed her," a tired voice spoke from behind me.

Aizawa strolled over with his hands in his pockets, stopping at my side. The media members were all quite angry, and the reporter woman I had thrown jumped to her feet and began demanding answers regarding All Might and scolding me for attacking civilians.

"This student has been trained in hand combat for many years," Aizawa explained to the reporter, "When people surprise her, sometimes her instincts take over. It happens with quite a few of the students, not just this one."

"Sir, as an apology, could you please get All Might for us?" she mumbled out, feeling defeated. "Also, you look like a mess. What's your deal?"

"All Might's not on campus today. Now get out of here, you've disturbed my students enough already."

Aizawa made a shooing motion with his hand before turning to walk through the gates, "Izumi, let's go."

The media remained piled outside the gate, yelling out complaints and questions. The tired man ignored them and didn't even react when a loud, violent beep rang out across the front yard. I whipped around to stare at the giant metal walls blocking the gates and raising up from the walls.

"Just so you know," Aizawa stopped walking. "That's what will happen if you try to leave school property without a teacher."

I tightly clenched my fists at his words, but the teacher turned and kept walking. He had never liked me. That's the reason they put me in his homeroom class. From the start, Aizawa had been one of the heroes against my presence at UA. Despite his reserved nature, he wasn't afraid to announce his distrust of me.

The faculty and the police thought that putting me Aizawa would be the safest since he was the most adamant about my being dangerous. The other teachers were more sympathetic to me and wanted to help. If I were to turn against UA High, which was inevitably true since I was never on their side, then Aizawa wouldn't hesitate.

Other teachers may develop an attachment to me. Hell, some of them already had. The number of times Midnight had shown up to visit me in the hospital and bring me get-well-soon gifts made me want to punch her. She had also insisted that once I started going to UA, that she would take me shopping at the mall since I'd never been.

Aizawa hated me and considered my presence a threat. As soon as I was considered to be a villain, the teacher would have no problem fighting me. Why they thought it would be a good idea for me to live with him, I have no idea.