Chapter Two | Halloween

Halloween night. My favourite night of the year.

The next day at school, Max and I skate past everyone in the hallways, making them move out of the way and we skate to our lockers. Our lockers were a few lockers away and I sighed when mine happened to be next to the Ghostbuster boys.

I put my skateboard into the locker as like Max did. Two out of the four Ghostbusters smiled at me and I ignored them and closed my locker before walking towards my twin sister.

"Those guys are getting weirder and weirder each day we see them," I chuckle and Max nodded, agreeing before slamming her locker door shut making the whole room look at us

She linked arms with me and then dragged me away, I let out a sigh and walked past the staring students.

It was now lunch and I approached my locker with Max following me. "I really don't like-" She begins to say but then there was cough and we both turned our heads to see the two out of four Ghostbusters smiling at us.

Max and I give us side glances. "Um... hi, Max and Aspen. I'm Dustin, and this is..."

"Lucas," Lucas answered nervously.

"Yeah, we know." Max pressed her lips together. "The stalkers."

"Uh, no. Actually... we weren't stalking you." Lucas lied and I rolled my eyes.

"No, we were just concerned because, you know, you guys are new and all." Dustin continued the lie.

"Y-Yeah," Lucas stammers. "For your guys' safety,"

"Mm-hm," Dustin nodded. "There are a lot of bullies here."

"So many bullies," Lucas rambled on. "It's crazy!"

"Yeah,"

I looked up and down their costumes. "Is that why you're wearing proton packs?"

"Well, these's don't function." Dustin tells us. "But... I do have this handy-dany little trap here." He brings out his trap. "And look, it even opens and closes. Look, look, look." Dustin opens and closes it. "Voila! It's cool, right?" Max and I gave no reaction. "No? Okay. but um, so we were talking last night, and you guys are new here, so you probably don't have any friends to take you trick or treating and you're scared of bullies, so we were thinking that it would be okay if you guys came with us."