Chapter Six | Proof

Chapter Six | Proof

The same day, Max was trying to fix her skateboard up with duck tape and I sat on my bed. Music was play loud and I'm pretty sure Billy was working out.

"Max and Aspen, are you getting that or what!?" I heard Billy yell and I looked up. Max stopped what she was doing and I heard a doorbell ring.

Someone's here?

"Okay!" I scream back.

"I swear to God, guys!" Billy yelled out, I sighed and Max shucks down her stuff and we stomp towards the door.

I opened the door and there was Lucas, our eyes widen and we turned to look at Billy who thankfully wasn't looking our way, we entered the outdoors and closed the door so Billy wouldn't see Lucas.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed to Lucas.

"I have proof." Lucas states.

"What?" Max demands.

"Proof that what I told you guys was real." Lucas said. "But, we have to hurry."

"What kind of proof?" I questioned.

"Just, come with me, please?" Lucas pleads. Max and I looked at each other, we both nodded.

"Go around the house and behind the house should be our bedroom window, we'll meet you there," I tell Lucas calmly. "Billy can't see you."

Lucas nodded in agreement and left, then we reentered the house and closed the door.

We paused we Billy was standing there with an unimpressed look. "Who the hell were you guys talking to?"

 "Who the hell were you guys talking to?"

I gulped. "Mormons."

"Mormon?" Billy scoffed.

Max nodded. "Talkative ones." We then pushed past Billy and walked to our room. We walked towards our window and there was Lucas, standing there with his bike.

"Come on, hop on," Lucas said then paused. "Someone has to run."

"I'll run." I offered and Max sends me a grateful look. I wasn't a bad runner.

"We can take turns." Max agreed and jumped out of the window, then climbed on Lucas's bike, I jumped out the window too.

"This better be good, stalker," I tell him and he begins to bike, I ran behind them.

-

"I said medium-well!" Lucas cried out and I was panting a little as we approached the junkyard. Dustin and Steve (Lucas explained to us that Steve was his name), were putting out meat on the ground.

Dustin and Steve look up and Max hoped off the bike. I ended up running the way, and boy, I'm never doing that again.

I glanced at Max. "You're running the whole way next time." She nodded in agreement.