Chapter Five | The Upside Down

"If you guys are not out in an hour-"

"Walking home. Yeah, yeah, we know." I remark to Billy as I closed the door. We were outside the Arcade, it was a Saturday and we had nothing better to do.

"Hey, watch the attitude, shitbirds." Billy snapped at us.

I watched Billy speed off and I pulled the finger at him, scoffing. "Asshole!" I mutter and turned around, storming into the Arcade with Max following.

I walked over to Dig Dug and my eyes widen when I read the sign 'OUT OF ORDER'. The only good game and it was out of order.

"Sorry about that, Road Warrior." Keith, the employer comes over to us.

"What happened?"

"Short circuit in the motherboard," Keith said. "A real bummer. But fret not. I got another machine up and running in the back." We followed Keith to the back, he held out his chips to us. "Hold these."

Max snatches them from him and holds them. Keith unlocks the 'EMPLOYEE ONLY' room. The door opens and we were greeted by Lucas.

He gave a small smile and we sighed before entering

He gave a small smile and we sighed before entering. "You better get me that date now, Sinclair," Keith tells Lucas before shutting the door and I raised an eyebrow.

"I told you I would." Lucas agreed.

He grunts. "And keep things PG in here, all right?"

I rolled my eyes. Gross. "What is this shit, stalker?" I demanded once Keith closed the door.

"Sorry, I just needed a safe place," Lucas tells us.

"A safe place to what?" Max narrowed her eyes at Lucas. "To be creepy?"

"Listen. I'm going to tell you guys the truth about everything last year." Lucas confirms. "But if anyone finds out, you could be arrested." He sighed. "Possibly killed."

"Killed?" I scoffed.

"I need to know." Lucas nodded. "Do you guys accept the risk?"

"Oh, my God!" Max blew up. "This... this is so stupid!"

"Do you guys accept the risk?" Lucas repeated the question.

Max thought about it. "Yeah."

I nodded, too. "We accept the risk."

We dumped our skateboards on the ground and sat in the chair each, Lucas sat down in another chair, opposite us.

"Let's hear it," Max said, crossing her arms.

"Last year... Will didn't get lost in the woods." Lucas begins. "He got lost somewhere else. A place we like to call; the Upside Down."

-