17

After giving her medicine, Arhaan helped her lay down. Hoor clutched his shirt, silently asking him to lay down beside her. It was the first time she didn't have to feel loneliness. There was someone beside her, taking care of her.

Arhaan understood it and pulled her into his arms. He kept massaging her head and shoulders. Soon Hoor fell asleep. Arhaan placed a kiss on her forehead. He was stressed about the marks he had felt on her back.

By evening, Hoor was feeling fine. They decided to stay inside and watch a movie. Hoor could feel the tension rolling off Arhaan.

Once the movie finished, Hoor looked at Arhaan. "Is everything okay?" she asked, looking at him with her big innocent eyes.

"Will you lift your shirt for me?" Arhaan said shocking Hoor. "I-I felt the marks." he said, but when Hoor still didn't move, he arms wrapped around her waist. It was difficult for her, the topic so painful that she never let anyone else know, not that anyone cared.

"Please..." Arhaan said with pain-filled eyes. Hoor couldn't avoid it anymore. She closed her eyes, lifting her shirt to her ribs.

She bit her lips, waiting for his reaction. She wasn't ready to face his dislike for her body. It would shatter her. She was thinking the worse when she felt soft lips on her tummy, kissing a scar.

Arhaan was talking about scars on her back, but when she lifted her shirt, he found scars on her front also. It looked like someone had cut her.

Hoor opened her eyes, feeling his lips. When she saw tears in his eyes, Hoor felt her heart shattering. She cupped his face. "Please don't..." she said, her shirt already covering  her stomach as she moved her hands to his cheeks.

"Sorry, you had to see me like this." she said as if it was her fault and she was ashamed of it.

"Hoor! They are a part of you and I can never find a thing in you anything less than lovely. I am in pain because I wasn't there to protect you when this happened." he said, the truth in his voice relaxing Hoor.

"It won't happen again." Hoor said. From the marks he felt on her back, he could tell that it wasn't her own doing. "Who did it?" the hatred in his voice was clear. He wanted to rip that person apart who hurt her.

Hoor still didn't say anything. She didn't know how to confess it.

"Was it your stepmother?" he asked barely containing his emotions.

Hoor quickly shook her head. Arhaan cupped her face. "Please say it." he said almost begging.

Saying the truth was really hard for her. She looked in his eyes, seeking his support. "I-It was my mother." she said. Arhaan stopped breathing. He felt like he heard wrong.

"Sorry?" He asked.

"My mother." she said again.

------------
Anjaam e muhbt se waqif they hm

Phir bhi dil lgaya r haar bethy

Meri saanso me bsny wali

Wo meri rooh ka hissa he

----------

Salaam friends! A short update  .